Imo meaning and origin
Pleasing and Rooted gender-neutral name Imo means "Large".Names that rhyme with Imo
Popularity of Imo
Imo is a unique baby name in United States, it had been in use since 1885 and was last seen in 1983, during its 61 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1885, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 745 on girl names chart when 34 babies were named Imo. There are over 908 babies that have been given the name Imo in United States. But Imo is a popular baby name in Nigeria where every 1 in 10000 have the name. As per our research, over 20000 people has been named Imo globally.
What numbers say about Imo?
Live a life to remember. Otherwise, you will definitely regret the opportunities you missed when you get older. You always care more about other people's well-being and never find time to check how you are doing. Change is what you are made for. Monotony and constancy are killing your spirit and compassion. You lack passion and wilderness. You act protectively around the people you love and people who need help.
Looking for names similar to Imo? Please go through the following names
- Quaashi - Of African-Ewe origin, Quaashi means "Sunday Babies and Born on Sunday" is a boy name. Quaashi is derivation of Quaashie.
- Bulan dominantly is used in Malay is a girl name has its roots in Malay, meaning of Bulan is "Moon"
- Tanko - The Tanko means "Thanks"
- Chukwuebuka - Meaning of Chukwuebuka is God is Mighty or The Elements Chukwu Meaning God is used as a gender insensitive name which came from African-Igbo is prevalently used in Igbo
- Ashon - Ashon's meaning is Seventh-Born Son is originated from African-Ga is a boy name
Namesakes of Imo
- Imogen Waterhouse in Two Bottle Jump: Heavens as Actress
- In 2008 adventure and drama film, Die Tochter, Imo Heite characterized Dive Keeper.