Johnathan name meaning
On This Page
What does Johnathan mean?
Used majorly in English durable and widespread, Johnathan is of Hebrew and English origin and is bestowed upon both genders, Johnathan means "John or Jonathan". Johnathan is a version of perennial, biblical and pleasing Jonathan.
Jonathan is Latin and Greek form of The Hebrew Name יוֹנָתָן, Which is a Contracted Form of Hebrew יְהוֹנָתָן Meaning Yahweh has Given. Of Hebrew origin, Admired and Evergreen Jonathan, Jonathan means "Gift of Jehovah and Yahweh has Given Gift of Yahweh".
Could Johnathan be an appropriate name for your new bundle of joy?
Jonathan is a popular baby boy name that has its roots in Hebrew. Its meaning, "gift of God," gives it a special significance and adds to its appeal as a name that is both meaningful and distinctive.
Jonathan has been popular for many years and continues to be a favorite among parents who are looking for traditional yet unique names for their little ones. What sets Jonathan apart as a baby boy name are its specialities such as being easy to pronounce, having a strong yet gentle sound, and being versatile enough to suit different personalities and backgrounds.
Overall, Jonathan is an excellent choice for parents who want to give their son a name that is both meaningful and memorable.
How do I pronounce Johnathan?
The most common pronunciation of three syllabled Johnathan is jo(h)-na-than.
Variants of JohnathanNames that rhyme with Johnathan
How popular is the name Johnathan?
Johnathan was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1881 around 93823 babies have been given the first name. When at its peak in 1990, 3246 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 108th position.
However after 140 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 500 baby names a staggering 53 times
Johnathan used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 852 babies have been given the name in 23 years.
When at its peak in 1996,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years. Johnathan is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 36 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 200.
Over 234 people have been named Johnathan in Ireland. During its 34 years of usage in France, it had made up to just the top 1000 boy names. Over 229 babies in France have been named Johnathan.
Johnathan is a common name in England, South Africa, Canada, Nigeria and Brazil while somewhat familiar name in Papua New Guinea, Uganda, Jamaica, Kenya, DR Congo, Wales, Cameroon, Australia, Scotland, Malawi, Philippines, Mexico, Venezuela, Trinidad and Tobago, Colombia, New Zealand, Tanzania, Malaysia, Vanuatu, Zambia and Liberia.
As per our findings, over 90000 babies have been bestowed Johnathan around the globe.
Johnathan in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Johnathan
Even if you prefer others to do the heavy lifting for you, there's no doubt you can handle it yourself. You believe in yourself because it's the secret to achieving your aspirations and realize your life goals. You know that without self-esteem, persistence, and passion, you are nothing. If letter N is your capstone in your name, you are driven by success, spirituality, personal growth and accomplishing impossible goals.
You would love these names similar to Johnathan
- Bernie - Used in Swedish and Finnish eternal and widespread, Bernie means "Brave or Hard" which is rooted from Germanic, Old English and Old High German is used as a gender-neutral name . In 1941, frequently used Bernie ranked 485 in baby boy names list in United States
- Kingston - Originated from Old English, Cherished Kingston means "From the Kings Estate, King's Town or Of the Royal House", primarily used in English is given to both boys and girls
- Gilberto - Gilberto's meaning is Shiny or Bright used for both genders used majorly in English and Spanish has its origin in Old High German and Germanic
- India - Specifically used in Finnish, Swedish and Norwegian persistent and eminent, India is used as a gender insensitive name, meaning of India is "Land of the Indus (River) or India" came from English and Sanskrit
- Gayle - Used in Hindi, Danish and Finnish long standing and widely accepted, Gayle came from Middle, Hebrew and English, Gayle means "Joy of My Father or Happy" is aimed at both sexes
Famous people named Johnathan
- Johnathan Lee Iverson, became the first African-American ringmaster of a major U.S. circus
- Johnathan Walton, four-time Emmy Award winning, comedic TV reporter
- Johnathan McCarty, U.S. Representative from Indiana
- Johnathan Dwayne, musician, composer
- Johnathan Wendel, former professional esports player of the first-person shooter titles 'Quake' and 'Painkiller' and entrepreneur
- Johnathan Aitken, Canadian former professional ice hockey defenceman
- Johnathan Thurston, Australian former professional rugby league footballer
- Johnathan Rice, Scottish-American singer-songwriter
- Johnathan Joseph, NFL player
- Johnathan Sullivan, former American football defensive tackle
- Johnathan McClain, American stage, television, and film actor
- Johnathan Goddard, American defensive end
- Johnathan Ingram, former American football offensive lineman
- Johnathan Taylor, former American football defensive end
- Johnathan Devoy in Queen of the Damned as Actor
- Johnathan Staci Kim in Kids as Actor
- Johnathan Geare in Inception as Actor
- Johnathan Fernandez in Let's Make a Movie as Actor
- Johnathan Brugal in P-P-P-Paul Ryan as Actor
- Johnathan Brownlee in Born Again Beauties as Producer
- Johnathan Wesley Wallace in Holiday Heart as Actor
- Johnathan Sousa in Relative Happiness as Actor
- Johnathan Mondel in Isabella as Actor
Lists having Johnathan
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with John
- Boy names that ends with -han