Lind name meaning
On This Page
What does Lind mean?
Lind's meaning is Lives by the Linden Tree Hill is used as a gender-neutral name has its roots in Old Norse and Old English is prevalently used in Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Danish, Faroese, English and Icelandic.
Lind is form of durable and commonly accepted Linda. Linda is version of Names Ending with -Lind/-Linda/-Linde. Linda is resulted from Adèle. Linda is shortened form of Adelinenames ending in "Lind".
Also Linda is shortened form of "Linda". Linda is English cognate of Linde. Also Linda is form of Lindsay in English language. Linda is also form of Names Containing the Germanic Name Element Lind in German language.
Unwonted Linda's origin is Old English and Old High German, meaning of Linda is "Linde, Beauty and Friendly". Lind is form of durable and trendy Lindsay. Uncustomary Lindsay is used specifically in English and English, Lindsay means "A Place of Linden Trees, Lincolns Island and A Lake" is rooted from Old English and Anglo-Saxon.
Is Lind a pleasant name for a baby?
Yes, Lind is an incredibly pleasant name for a baby. It is unusual enough to stand out, but not so unusual that it would be difficult to pronounce or spell.
The name has a nice soft sound in the middle, and the "l" and "d" at either end make it pleasing to hear. It also has many meanings associated with it related to nature, such as "linden tree" and "gentle water".
This can make it extra special as a baby name, allowing parents to choose a meaningful moniker for their little one.
How do I pronounce Lind?
The two syllabled name Lind is commonly pronounced as l(i)-nd.
Variants of LindNames that rhyme with Lind
How popular is the name Lind?
Lind is an uncommon baby name in United States, where it last appeared in 1972 after 20 years of use since 1928. There are over 119 babies that have been given the name Lind in United States.
According to our findings, over 1000 babies have been named Lind globally.
Lind in Nordic countries
Here's what numbers has to say about Lind
Number 3 as an expression number reveals your charm, positive attitude toward life, and contagious smile. You are always being straight. When it comes to romantic relationships, you are a passionate lover. Open your mind to new opinion and widen your perspective. You could be a poet because of the original way you express yourself. Having letter D as your capstone reveals your smartness, power to concentrate on your thing even in the most difficult times
Go through the following names similar to Lind
- Rica - Originated from English, German and Germanic, Anomalous Rica is specifically used in German, English and Spanish, Rica means "Rica, Hard or Dominant Ruler" is used typically as a gender insensitive name
- Stena - Famous unisex name Stena is used in Swedish, Old SwedishDanish and Finnish languages. Stena is Swedish cognate of Stæina. Also Stena is form of Steinar in Norwegian language
- Unn - Unns origin is Old Norse is principally used in Finnish and Swedish and a gender-neutral name, meaning of Unn is "Unn Which Means Love or Love"
- Ingert - Used particulary in Finnish and Swedish, Ingert is a unisex name. Ingert is equivalent of Inghard in German language
- Alfsigr is originated from Old Norse, Alfsigr means "Victory, Elf or Supernatural Victory" bestowed upon boys is used mainly in Scandinavian
Famous people named Lind
- Lindsay Elyse in A Gamer's Life as
- Linda Andersson in InSight as Producer
- Lindsay Teed in Living in Captivity as Actress
- Lindsay Nicole Chambers in Having Foresight as Actress
Lists having Lind
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Lin
- Baby Names that mean Lives
- Baby Names that mean Linden
- Baby Names that mean Tree
- Baby Names that mean Hill
- Baby Names that mean Island
- Baby Names that mean Trees