Maelys meaning and origin
New-fangled and Unexpected choice Celtic Maelys means "Prince or Lord" is given to girls. It is celebrated on May 13th.Names that rhyme with Maelys
Popularity of Maelys
Maelys was among the popular names in France. Since emerging in 1975 around 28065 babies have been given the given name. At its zenith in 2009, it ranked 14th when 3700 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 39 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 7 times In Belgium, Maelys is a unique name where it has been in use since 2006 and has secured the place in top 400 names. In 2010, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 324 on girl names chart when 32 babies were named Maelys. There are over 195 babies that have been given the name Maelys in Belgium.
Maelys is an uncommon baby name in United States where it is still in use. It also recently appeared in England and Wales baby girl names chart. As per our research, over 20000 people has been named Maelys globally.
What numerology tells about Maelys?
You are hard-working by nature and success drives you. You never come up with a plan to achieve something but make your way as you go. You love to change and can't stand constancy and monotony. If you have things to be handled, you handle them right away, without much waiting. If you want to change the world, start with yourself. You never get tired from trying to be better than you were yesterday.
Looking for names similar to Maelys? Please go through the following names
- Jildas - Celtic name Jildas means "Hair"
- Keirian - Meaning of Keirian is Fight is rooted from Celtic
- Aline - Meaning of Aline is Light, Variant of Helen or Lovely given to both sexes and is used especially in Russian and Danish has its origin in Slavonic, Old French and Celtic
- Desy - Of Celtic and Latin origin, Desy bestowed upon baby boys, Desy means "Man from South Munster, Gracious Defender and Man of the World" is primarily used in English. Desy is variant transcription of Desmond.
- Monalisa - Queer girl name Monalisa means "Noble" which is used in Oriya and Malayalam is of Celtic origin
Namesakes of Maelys
We could not find any notable namesake.