Maeva name meaning
On This Page
What does Maeva mean?
The rare girl name Maeva is rooted from Celtic, Maeva means "Intoxicating or Welcome" is prevalently used in Irish. Maeva is a variation of widespread Maeve. Maeve is variant form of customary Maeva.
Maeve is form of Meadhbh in English language. Maeve's meaning is The Element Meadhbh Which is of the Meaning Intoxicating, Intoxicating She who Intoxicates and Intoxicating is originated from Celtic and Irish.
The name is celebrated on September 6th.
Variants of Maeva
Middle Names for Maeva
Alesia, Lettie, Lelia, view more middle names that goes with MaevaNames that rhyme with Maeva
How popular is the name Maeva?
Maeva was a popular name in France. Over 48916 babies have been given the name in 52 years. At the peak of its usage in 2001, 3259 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 19th position.
However after 52 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 17 times Maeva is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1940 and was able to reach the top 3000 names.
Recently in 2018, it ranked 2540th when 68 girl were named Maeva. There are over 506 babies that have been given the name Maeva in United States. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 2000, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 119 on girl names chart when 60 babies were given the name Maeva. Over 810 people have been named Maeva in Switzerland.
Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2006, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 114 on girl names chart when 88 babies were given the name Maeva.
Over 722 people have been named Maeva in Belgium.
Maeva is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, in use since 1997, peaked in 2018 when it ranked 1977th. But Maeva is a popular baby name in Madagascar where every 1 in 5000 have the name.
As per our research, over 50000 babies have been bestowed Maeva around the globe.
Maeva in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Maeva?
You have to understand that not everyone is willing and excited to succeed in life as you are. You remind people that life is for you to live it, and not survive, something many do these days. Your great sense of humor makes you attractive in other people's eyes. Once you distance yourself from everything you know inspiration will walk into your life again. If letter A is your capstone in your name, it reveals your challenging nature and ambitious perspective.
Other names similar to Maeva
- Alannah - Meaning of Alannah is Beautiful, Dear Child or Child came from Old Irish and Celtic, prevalently used in Finnish, English and Gaelic is used as a girl name
- Kenda - Mainly used in English and Sioux rarefied, Kenda means "Water Baby or Exalted Effigy" has its origin in Old English and Native is a baby girl name
- Tristana - Originated from Celtic and Welsh, Anomalous Tristana is used principally in Swedish and Icelandic, Tristana means "Legendary Celtic Hero" is bestowed upon baby girls
- Brigitte - Popular girl name Brigitte has origin in Celtic, primarily used in German and Swedish languages, Brigitte means "The Exalted One, Strength or Sublime"
- Ivon - Used substantially in English uncustomary, Ivon is used as a unisex name, Ivon means "Shrub or Yew Wood" has origin in Celtic and Germanic
Famous people named Maeva
We could not find any notable namesake.
Lists having Maeva
- Girl names beginning with M
- American Girl Names
- Celtic Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Irish Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Mae
- Popular Girl Names in France (2010)