Brigitte name meaning
On This Page
What does Brigitte mean?
Principally used in Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, German, French and Swedish illustrous, Brigitte is originated from Celtic, meaning of Brigitte is "The Exalted One, Strength or Sublime" is used for baby girls. Brigitte is French and English cognate of Bridget.
Also Brigitte is German and French cognate of Brigitta. It is celebrated on July 23rd.
How do I pronounce Brigitte?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Brigitte is b-ri-gitte. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., brigi(t)-te or brih-jit.
Variants of Brigitte
Middle Names for Brigitte
Nuan, view more middle names that goes with BrigitteNames that rhyme with Brigitte
How popular is the name Brigitte?
Brigitte was an extremely popular name in France. Over 202700 babies have been given the first name in 147 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1959, the moniker grabbed the 1st spot and 18165 baby girls were given the name.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 147 years. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 5 times In United States, Brigitte was once a common name since emerging in 1946 it has been given to over 8734 babies.
When at its peak in 1960,. After 72 years, the name has past its prime.
Brigitte is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, in use since 1998, peaked in 1998 when it ranked 2701st.
Brigitte is a rare baby name in Belgium where it may not be used now. However things change on global perspective, Brigitte is extremely popular in Germany where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in DR Congo.
Also the baby name is popular in Austria, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Congo, Chad, Benin, Madagascar, Canada, Rwanda, Togo, Burkina Faso and Ivory Coast. As per our findings, over 1650000 people has been named Brigitte globally.
Brigitte in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Brigitte?
You never stick to one opinion and stand firmly behind it. You hate working in a team because you know that working alone brings out the best of you. You work hard to become a better person for yourself, and for the people you love. You are a hard person to speak to, especially if when you are around people you barely know. You can easily adapt to new people and new environments. You have high ideals.
If you like Brigitte, you would love these names
- Nelsen - Imperishable and Dominant Nelsen predominantly is used in Scandinavian and English is originated from English and Celtic is given to boys. Nelsen is form of Neil in Scandinavian language. Also Nelsen is English form of Nelson
- Ceeanna - Meaning of Ceeanna is Orange-Red Which was First Used In 1760 and Derives from Italian Terra Di Sienna = Earth of Siena, a City In Central Italy, Where the Coloring Material was First Produced, Reddish-Brown and Reddish Orange-brown aimed at girls is originated from Italian and Celtic. Ceeanna is derived from Sienna.
- Brentley - The widely accepted unisex name Brentley means "Hilltop or Variant of Brent" used predominantly in English is originated from English and Celtic languages
- Druson - Druson's meaning is A Wise Man and Brave is used as a baby boy name came from Celtic. Druson is resultant of Druce.
- Kaila - Meaning of Kaila is Pure, Modern Variant of Katherine or Descendant of Caollaidhe is originated from Celtic and Hebrew and is bestowed upon both genders is primarily used in English and Marathi
Sibling Names for Brigitte
If you're considering the name Brigitte for your baby girl, you might be interested in finding sibling names that complement her distinctive moniker. To help you out, we've compiled a list of beautiful and unique names that pair perfectly with Brigitte.
Names for Brigitte's sister
Brother to Brigitte
Famous people named Brigitte
- Brigitte Le Brethon, French politician, and a member of The Republicans
- Brigitte Douay, French politician and Member of the European Parliament for the north-west of France
- Brigitte Mira, German actress
- Brigitte McMahon, athlete from Switzerland
- Brigitte Peucker, Elias Leavenworth Professor of German Languages and Literatures and Professor of Film Studies at Yale University
- Brigitte Wujak, retired long jumper
- Brigitte Köck, Austrian snowboarder and Olympic medalist
- Brigitte Hamann, German-Austrian author and historian based
- Brigitte Oertli, former Swiss alpine skier
- Brigitte Duclos, Australian television and radio presenter
- Brigitte Varangot, French amateur golfer
- Brigitte Le Juez, author and academic at Dublin City University
- Brigitte Albrecht-Loretan, retired Swiss cross-country skier
- Brigitte Haentjens, Canadian theatre director and president of her own company
- Brigitte Auber, French actress who has worked on stage
- Brigitte Rohde, retired East German sprinter
- Brigitte L. Nacos, Adjunct Professor
- Brigitte Pelletier, Quebec lawyer and associate deputy minister of the Quebec Ministry of Justice
- Brigitte Riebe, German author of crime and feminist fiction
- Brigitte Vallée, French mathematician and computer scientist
- Brigitte Guibal, French slalom canoeist
- Brigitte Mral, professor of rhetoric at Örebro University
- Brigitte Kraus, retired West German middle distance runner
- Brigitte Bardot, French actress, singer, dancer, and fashion model
- Brigitte Fontaine, singer of avant-garde music
- Brigitte Boisselier, French chemist and Raëlian religious leader best
- Brigitte Helm, German actress
- Brigitte Lahaie, French radio talk show host
- Brigitte Nielsen, Danish actress, model
- Brigitte Fossey, French actress
- Brigitte Lin, Taiwanese actress
- Brigitte Fassbaender, German mezzo-soprano opera singer and a stage director
- Brigitte Horney, Best remembered was her role as Empress Katherine the Great
- Brigitte Zypries, German politician of the Social Democratic Party
- Brigitte Mohnhaupt, German convicted former terrorist associated with the second generation of the Red Army Faction members
- Brigitte Foster-Hylton, Jamaican 100m hurdler
- Brigitte Acton, Canadian alpine skier
- Brigitte Roüan, French director, screenwriter and actress
- Brigitte Mabandla, member of the African National Congress' National Executive Council
- Brigitte Bako, Canadian actress
- Brigitte Gabriel, Lebanese-American conservative author
- Brigitte Totschnig, retired Austrian alpine skier
- Brigitte Becue, retired breaststroke swimmer from Belgium,
- Brigitte Kuhlmann, founding member of the West German left-wing militant group 'Revolutionäre Zellen'
- Brigitte Gall in Twisted Sheets as Actress
- Brigitte Böttrich in Karniggels as Actress
- Brigitte Janner in 23 as Actress
- Brigitte Jaufenthaler in Die Wolke as Actress
- Brigitte Hales in Not Afraid to Say... as Production Designer
- Brigitte Drescher in Afterlife Administration as Actress
- Brigitte Karner in Laurin as Actress
- Brigitte Viellieu-Davis in Name as Actress
- Brigitte De Joya in Kangkong as Actress
- Brigitte Christensen in La migliore offerta as Actress
- Brigitte Antonius characterized key character of Riki in 1958 adventure, drama flick Einmal noch die Heimat seh'n.
- Brigitte Blair, from 1963 comedy film Quero Essa Mulher Assim Mesmo, who characterized N.
- Brigitte Borghese played leading character of Britta in 1990 action movie Operation Las Vegas.
- In 1967, Brigitte Frank characterized the role of N in crime flick Seitenstraße der Prostitution.
- In 1963, Brigitte Grothum portrayed the role of Joan Bray in thriller film Der Fluch der gelben Schlange.
- In 1993 film, Le mari de Léon, Brigitte Hansen played Nadège, la belle-soeur de Léon.
- In 1954 movie, Der Fall Dr. Wagner, Brigitte Hecht played Inge Wagner.
- In 1977 drama movie, Le théâtre des matières, Brigitte Jaques portrayed Brigitte.
- In 1963, Brigitte Juslin characterized the role of Sand Stevenson in drama film Le quatrième sexe.
- Brigitte Kingsley portrayed leading character of Sarah Morgan in 2015 action and drama flick Night Cries.
- Brigitte Kowaltjouk portrayed the important role of Brigitte in 1967 action and crime film Cash? Cash!.
- In 1993, Brigitte Marty portrayed the role of Mouste in drama movie Mazeppa.
- Brigitte Parmentier portrayed central character of Renata in 1978 drama and thriller movie Convoi de filles.
- Brigitte Schacht, from 1990 film Man ist so jung, wie man sich fühlt, who played the N.
- Brigitte Simon played the vital character of N in 1987 drama movie Le professeur Taranne.
- In 2008, Brigitte Hagerman characterized the role of Susan in comedy movie Happy Birthday, Harris Malden.
Lists having Brigitte
- Girl names beginning with B
- American Girl Names
- Celtic Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- French Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Bri
- Girl names that ends with -tte
- Popular Girl Names in France (1975)
- Baby Names that mean Exalted
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Strength
- Baby Names that mean Sublime