Margaretta meaning and origin
Pleasing and Ever lasting girl name Margaretta is principally used in Latinate and English has its origin in Old Greek. Margaretta is resultant of Margaret. Margaret is a variation of perennial and admired Marguerite. Margaret is equivalent of Margareta in English language. Pleasing and Ever lasting Old Greek Margaret, meaning of Margaret is "Pearl and Name of a Saint".Names that rhyme with Margaretta
Popularity of Margaretta
Margaretta is a familiar baby name in United States, it had been in use since 1880 and was last seen in 2007, during its 109 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1884, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 541 on girl names chart when 76 babies were named Margaretta. Over 2534 people have been named Margaretta in United States. Margaretta is a rare baby name in Ireland where it may not be used now. Margaretta is a common name in Indonesia while somewhat familiar name in Ghana, England, Northern Ireland and Wales. At least, 4000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Here's what numbers has to say about Margaretta
In order to achieve something great and unseen so far, you have to rely on your talents, creativity, and intuition. Your life interests change as you change, constantly. Focus on spirituality and leave out the material success. You have big plans for yourself and your future. You can't stand being in one place for too long because you want to enjoy your freedom and time on this planet. To have letter A as your capstone in your name indicates your independence and ambitious attitude.
You would love these names similar to Margaretta
- Areta - Used largely in Swedish, Finnish and English unheard-of, Areta is originated from Old Greek, Areta means "Excellent or Virtuous" is aimed at girls
- Margrett - Meaning of Margrett is Pearl used for girls used especially in English is originated from Old Greek
- Angelia - Meaning of Angelia is Messenger of God or Angel is of Old Greek origin given to both genders is used substantially in Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish
- Menie means To Love or Moon is originated from Greek
- Dorothee means Gift of God or Variant of the Greek Dorothy came from Old Greek and is dominantly used in German, French and English is used as a baby girl name
Namesakes of Margaretta
- Margaretta Scott, English stage
- Margaretta Eagar, —from 1898 to 1904
- In 1919, Margaretta Tímár portrayed the role of Evelin,Rajkné fiatalabb lánya in film A leányasszony.