Mariposa meaning and origin
The atypical baby girl name Mariposa means "Butterfly" is originated from Spanish.
Variants of MariposaNames that rhyme with Mariposa
Popularity of Mariposa
Mariposa is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 20 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 7000. There are over 224 babies that have been given the name Mariposa in United States. Also, Mariposa is a familiar name in Philippines. According to our estimate, over 200 babies have been named Mariposa globally.
What numbers say about Mariposa?
You are pretty, smart and charismatic, you still doubt yourself. You are dominant in your circle of friends. You want an extraordinary life. And by focusing on something other than material will get you one. When it comes to love, you can't stand a monogamous relationship. It's time you set up a positive mind-set, open up to new adventures and explore the world. You suffer from insomnia but your mental health is great.
You would love these names similar to Mariposa
- California - Uncustomary Spanish California means "From Paradise" is a girl name
- Rosito - Boy name Rosito is used mostly in Tagalog has its origin in Tagalog and Spanish, meaning of Rosito is "Rose or Rosita"
- Vagas - Origin of Unexpected Vagas is in Spanish, meaning of Vagas is "From the Meadow" is a baby boy name
- Sierrea - Origin of Uncustomary Sierrea is in Spanish, meaning of Sierrea is "Sierra and Mountain Range" is a girl name. Sierrea is derivation of Sierra.
- Mariposa - Originated from Spanish, Outlandish Mariposa in general bestowed upon girls, Mariposa means "Butterfly"
Namesakes of Mariposa
We could not find any notable namesake.