Nadira name meaning
What does Nadira mean?
Majorly used in Hindi, Malayalam, Arabic, Tamil, Sikh, Kannada, Turkish, Marathi and Gujarati far-out, Nadira means "Exceptional or Precious" and is bestowed upon both sexes has origin in Arabic. Nadira is variant of preeminent Nadia. Nadia is resultant of Nadège. Nadia is abridged form of Nadezhda. Also Nadia is short version of Nadiyya. Meaning of Nadia is Tender and Beginning is originated from Russian and Arabic.
What do we think of Nadira as a name for a newborn?
Nadira is a beautiful Arabic name that popularly means precious or scarce. It is a charming and unique name that is perfect for parents who want to give their baby girl an exotic yet meaningful name. Nadira is a name that can easily be pronounced by people of different cultures and languages without losing its originality. This name has a certain allure and sophistication which sets it apart from other conventional names. It comes with an aura of rarity, making it an excellent choice for parents who want their child's name to stand out from the crowd. Nadira gives off an air of elegance and poise, which perfectly fits the image of a beautiful baby girl with a bright future ahead.
How do I pronounce Nadira?
You can pronounce the one syllabled name Nadira as nah-DEER-ah. The pronunciation choose to emphasis on second DEER syllable. Some people pronounce it as n(a)-di-ra.
Variants of Nadira
Naadira, Nadia, Naadiya, Nadina, Nada, Nadege, Nadezhda, Nadine, Nadah, NaddaNames that rhyme with Nadira
How popular is the name Nadira?
Nadira is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1972 and was able to reach the top 4000 names. In 2000, it ranked 3068th when 45 girls were named Nadira. Over 929 people have been named Nadira in United States. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1953 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 1967, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 612 on girl names chart when 26 babies were named Nadira. Over 605 people have been named Nadira in France.
Nadira is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 23 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. There are over 230 babies that have been given the name Nadira in England and Wales. But Nadira is a popular baby name in Bangladesh where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in, Pakistan, Algeria, Uzbekistan, India, Morocco and Indonesia. According to our evaluation, over 170000 babies have been named Nadira globally.
Nadira in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Nadira
Small successes don't feed your soul. You like to be a part of the big game. You are a born leader who likes to be in charge of things. Your failures motivate you. You have a sharp focus and highly developed sense of intuition. The capstone of your name reveals your true personality, your skills, and unique abilities. Find someone who will change how you see love. Your soul mate is somewhere out there. Open your eyes.
Parents who liked Nadira, loved these names
- Ansar - Ansar's meaning is The First People who Converted to the Religion of Islam Were the People of Ansar, Helper or Supporter is largely used in Arabic and Tamil is used for baby boys
- Adad - Of Aramaic origin, Adad is used as a boy name and is commonly used in Arabic, Akkadian and English, Adad means "Power, Victory or Storm or Flood God"
- Akia - Of African origin, Unconventional Akia is used as a gender-neutral name and is commonly used in African and Arabic, Akia means "Sister, First-Born or First Born"
- Sabat is used especially in Arabic and Arabic, Sabat means "Stability or Truth" is a gender-neutral name
- Mehboob - Origin of Mehboob is in Arabic, meaning of Mehboob is "Beloved" used commonly in Hindi and Arabic is bestowed upon baby boys
Famous people named Nadira
- Nadira Naipaul, Pakistani journalist and the widow of novelist Sir V. S. Naipaul
- Nadira, actress in Indian cinema
- Nadira Babbar, Indian theatre actress, director and an actress
- Nadira Seecoomar in The Inbetweeners Movie as Casting Director
Lists having Nadira
- Boys names beginning with N
- Girls names beginning with N
- Arabic Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Turkish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Precious
- Baby Names that mean Dear