Niya meaning and origin
Queer girl name Niya means "Friend, New Achievement, A Desire for Something, Purpose, Bright or Lord Hanuman" which is substantially used in Tamil, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Malayalam, Oriya, Kannada, Marathi and Telugu is of African-Swahili origin. Niya is form of acclaimed Nia. Nia is form of Names Beginning with Ni- Or Ending In -Nia. Nia is English equivalent of Neilina. Also Nia is Welsh form of Niam. Origin of Unconventional Nia is in Swahili, Celtic and African-Swahili languages, meaning of Nia is "Aim, Purpose and Female Champion".
Variants of NiyaNames that rhyme with Niya
Popularity of Niya
A common name in United States with over 4134 new-borns have been given the name since 1974. At present the moniker is on a rise, in 2001, 211 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 1014th position. In England and Wales, Niya is a unique name where it has been in use since 2002 and has secured the place in top 1000 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 990 on girl names chart when 36 babies were named Niya. Over 292 people have been named Niya in England and Wales.
Niya is an uncommon baby name in France where it has been in use since 2004 and peaked in 2014 when it ranked 1722nd. There are over 120 babies that have been given the name Niya in France. Niya is a rare baby name in Belgium where it is still in use. But Niya is a popular baby name in India where every 1 in 90000 have the name. At least, 20000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Numerological analysis of Niya
Use your mind and position to do great things you will be remembered for. Your primary goal is to create a life you won't need a yearly vacation from. Everyone looks at you like you are perfect and all you can think of when someone mentions this, are your imperfections. You are a freethinker. People who know you describe you as driven and ambitious. You want everyone to admire your personality and envy your life.
Parents who liked Niya, loved these names
- Prahasini - Prahasini's meaning is Continuies Smiling Girl or Continues Smiling Girl is a baby girl name is used prevalently in Telugu, Marathi and Kannada
- Durdharsha - Boy name Durdharsha means "One of the Kauravas" is mostly used in Oriya, Kannada and Bengali
- Vadhi - Girl name Vadhi is used in Hindi, Kannada and Bengali languages, Vadhi means "Lord of Gods or Faith"
- Saamod - Used predominantly in Oriya and Telugu, Saamod means "Pleased" is used for boys
- Taanush - Boy name Taanush means "Lord Ganesh or Shiva" is majorly used in Malayalam and Telugu
Namesakes of Niya
- Niya Yu in The Gangbang Girl 37 as Actress
Lists having Niya
- Girl names beginning with N
- African Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Bengali Girl Names
- Gujarati Girl Names
- Kannada Girl Names
- Malayalam Girl Names
- Marathi Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Telugu Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Friend
- Baby Names that mean Desire
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Hanuman