Ronja meaning and origin
Prevalent girl name Ronja is substantially used in Icelandic, German, Danish, Greenlandic, Norwegian, Swedish, Faroese, Russian, Finnish, Scandinavian and Italian that came from Scandinavian, meaning of Ronja is "Shining or Victory Bring the End". Ronja is diminutive of Roxana. Roxana is Latin cognate of Ρωξανη, a Greek Form of the Persian Name روشنک = Bright, Shining, Dawn. Originated from Latin, Old Persian and English, Trendy Roxana, Roxana means "Dawn and Bright". Ronja is Russian cognate of Veronica, But Almost Nobody was Named Ronja In the Nordic Countries Before 1981.
Variants of RonjaNames that rhyme with Ronja
Popularity of Ronja
Ronja is a common name in Switzerland given to over 1811 babies in 21 years. Currently the name is hotter than ever, the moniker grabbed the 55th spot and 123 baby girls were given the name. Also, Ronja is common in Sweden where over 1962 new-borns have been given the name since 1998. At present peaked at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 59th spot and 209 baby girls were given the name.
Ronja is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 400 names. Recently in 2016, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 354 on girl names chart when 38 babies were named Ronja. Over 114 babies in Netherlands have been named Ronja. The first name is an uncommon baby name in United States where it is still in use. In England and Wales, it is relatively new, first appeared in 2004.
Ronja is a common name in Germany and Finland while somewhat familiar name in Denmark, Norway and Slovenia. According to our evaluation, at least 5000 people have been bestowed Ronja around the globe.
Ronja in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Ronja?
You act responsibly when involving other people in your actions. People always look for comfort in your world. You are unique and born to stand out. You only need the right ones to be content in life. And you are right. Sincerity is something you respect and practice. You need to start looking out for yourself more. Find out what drives you. As for your friends, keep it real. You will learn that nothing matters more than love and dreams in life.
Other names similar to Ronja, for would be moms
- Tippu - Unisex name Tippu means "A King", used prevalently in Swedish and Finnish is of Sanskrit origin
- Christelle - Christelle's meaning is Disciple of the Christ or Christian used for baby girls which originated from French, English and Latin is used chiefly in Finnish and Swedish
- Aneta means He (God) Was Gracious has its origin in Hebrew and is aimed at baby girls is mainly used in Norwegian, Danish and Czech
- Fingal - Boy name Fingal is rooted from Celtic, Fingal means "Fair Stranger or Fionn Meaning White Fair" is used in Scottish and Finnish
- Alexina - Persistent and Eminent Alexina mostly is used in Finnish and Scottish aimed at baby girls which originated from Greek and Old Greek, meaning of Alexina is "Repel or Feminine of Alexander"
Namesakes of Ronja
- Ronja Andrea Breili in Desperate Losers as Actress
- Ronja Koepke in Ocean of Memories as Actress
- Ronja Rissmann in Nymphomaniac: Vol. I as Actress
- Ronja Forcher in Für immer Afrika as Actress
- Ronja Alatalo acted in short Syli
- Ronja Mannov Olesen, from 2007 comedy film En mand kommer hjem, who characterized Maria.
Lists having Ronja
- Girl names beginning with R
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Italian Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Russian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Ron
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Shining
- Baby Names that mean Victory
- Baby Names that mean End