Aldis name meaning
On This Page
What does Aldis mean?
Meaning of Aldis is From the Old House, Old, Tired, Battle Season or Noble used for both sexes and of Germanic origin is used commonly in English, Norwegian, Faroese, Hindi, Finnish, Danish and Swedish.
Aldis is variant of Aldís. Aldís is Icelandic cognate of Aðaldís. Aldis is version of acclaimed Aldo. Aldo is short of names with "needle". Aldo is equivalent of Aldous in Spanish and Portuguese languages.
Also Aldo is Swedish form of Aldor. Meaning of Aldo is Of and Archaic is originated from Old High German and Germanic. Aldis is Norwegian form of Halldis.
How do I pronounce Aldis?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Aldis is a-ldis. Some people pronounce it as al-dis.
Variants of Aldis
How popular is the name Aldis?
Aldis is an uncommon baby name in United States, chances of it being still in use are very slim since it isn't seen since 1967. Aldis is a common name in Latvia while somewhat familiar name in Indonesia.
As per our research, over 3000 people has been named Aldis globally.
Numerological analysis of Aldis
You don't bother with explaining much because people hear only what they want to hear. Your decision to keep fighting for things even when they're falling apart sometimes ruins self-confidence. You are an adventurer who likes to live on the edge but planning your future and your next moves make you feel secure. You hang around with different people, so you can widen your life perspective and expand your knowledge.
If you like Aldis, you would love these names
- Jirko - Especially used in Swedish and Czech, Jirko means "Bauer" is a baby boy name
- Melchior - Unusual Melchior principally is used in Finnish and Norwegian, meaning of Melchior is "King (Yahweh) is Light or King or Persian Quart = City" which originated from Hebrew and Old Persian is bestowed upon boys
- Berg - Of German and English origin, Unfamiliar Berg is a boy name, mainly used in Norwegian and Danish, Berg means "Mountain or From the Fortified Hill Or Castle"
- Ellina - Well-Liked and Ever lasting girl name Ellina is used commonly in Swedish, Danish and English is originated from Old Greek. Ellina is form of Elina in Estonian language
- Celie - Noteworthy and Conifer Celies origin is Old Greek and Latin bestowed upon baby girls is mainly used in English, Norwegian and Swedish. Celie is French cognate of Celeste. Also Celie is equivalent of Celia in English language. Also Celie is English equivalent of Selina
Sibling Names for Aldis
If you have chosen the name Aldis for your newborn, you might be interested in finding other names that complement it perfectly. Here are some great options for sibling names that would match the uniqueness and charm of Aldis.
For a sister
Brother for Aldis
Famous people named Aldis
- Aldis Kušķis, Latvian politician
- Aldis Intlers, Latvian-born Soviet bobsledder
- Aldis Berzins, member of the American Men's National Team that won the gold medal at the 1984 Summer Olympics playing opposite of Karch Kiraly
- Aldis Hodge in Die Hard: With a Vengeance as Actor
Lists having Aldis
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Old
- Baby Names that mean House
- Baby Names that mean Battle
- Baby Names that mean Season
- Baby Names that mean Noble