Sable name meaning
On This Page
What does Sable mean?
Loved Sable is used dominantly in English is a baby girl name and came from English and Middle, Sable means "Black".
How is Sable regarded as a baby name?
Sable is regarded as a beautiful, stylish, and timeless baby name. It is known for its sophisticated French origins and sleek connotations. Originally derived from the Latin word sabulosus, it has come to mean 'black' or 'dark' in modern times.
The name lends itself to a range of images--from mysterious and powerful to sweet and gentle--and celebrates a unique blend of beauty and strength that makes it the perfect choice for any little girl.
Many parents are drawn to its stylish sound and traditional yet modern meaning. It is no wonder that Sable has become one of the more popular names in recent years!
How do I pronounce Sable?
Two syllabled Sable is most commonly pronounced as s(a)-ble. sab-le is another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of SableNames that rhyme with Sable
How popular is the name Sable?
Sable is common in United States where over 1474 new-borns have been given the name since 1923. Recently the name is rising, in 1986, 180 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 902nd position.
Also, Sable is a familiar name in India. According to our research, over 1000 babies have been named Sable globally.
Numerological aspects of Sable
Your impulsiveness and short temper are your worst character traits you need to work on. If someone doubts your skills, let it be. You know who you are and that should be enough. To have no 6 as your soul urge number means you are focused on inner healing. You want to shout it out to the world that not everyone has to think or behave the same. You are interested in learning new and exciting things.
Do you like Sable? Read these names too
- Jayvee - Principally used in English creative and adventurous and modernistic, Jayvee bestowed upon boys, meaning of Jayvee is "Phonetic Name Based on Initials"
- Chelsia - Uncommon girl name Chelsia has origin in Old English primarily used in English language, Chelsia means "Chalk Port and Landing Place for Chalk Or Limestone". Chelsia is derived from Chelsea.
- Prentiss - Durable and Prevailing Prentiss is used prevalently in English is a unisex name, Prentiss means "Learner, Apprentice or Scholar" has origin in Middle and English
- Byrne - Atypical Byrne is used largely in English, Byrne means "From the Brook or Place Name" is given to boys
- Johnette - Meaning of Johnette is God's Grace or Modern Female Version of John or Jon is used dominantly in English used for baby girls has origin in Hebrew
Famous people named Sable
- Sable, American model, actress
- Sable Marie Mongold in The Lookalike as Actress