Storm name meaning
On This Page
What does Storm mean?
The commonly accepted unisex name Storm means "Tempestuous, Storm or Violent Weather", prevalently used in English, Greenlandic, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Icelandic and Finnish came from English. Storm is a variant form of Stormr.
Prevailing Stormr's origin is Old Norse is used especially in Old Norse, meaning of Stormr is "Storm".
How do I pronounce Storm?
You can pronounce the three syllabled name Storm as st(orr)m. s-to-rm is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of StormNames that rhyme with Storm
How popular is the name Storm?
A common name in United States with over 4812 new-borns have been given the name since 1946. At present the moniker is on a rise, in 1995, 165 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 836th position.
Also, Storm was a common name in Denmark. Over 2140 babies have been named Storm since 2010. At the peak of its usage in 2015,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 10 years but it is still going strong.
In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 10 times
Storm is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names.
In 2001, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 584 on girl names chart when 46 babies were named Storm. Over 1041 babies in England and Wales have been named Storm.
Also, in Netherlands, in just 5 years, it has made it to the top 400 names. Recently in 2016, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 339 on boy names chart when 46 babies were named Storm.
Over 214 babies in Netherlands have been named Storm. Also, in Belgium, the name has been in use since 2002 and has secured the place in top 400 names. In 2011, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 379 on boy names chart when 29 babies were named Storm.
There are over 305 babies that have been given the name Storm in Belgium.
Storm is a rare baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. Also, Storm is a familiar name in South Africa, England, Australia and Canada.
At least, 8000 people globally have carried Storm as their given name according to our research.
Storm in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Storm?
Number 6 as your soul urge no represents your caring nature. Replace your comfort zone with adventures and the fear of the unknown with excitement to experience and learn new things. Even if you help people fight their battles, you prefer to fight yours on your own. Your only mistake is that you are trying to prove others you can do it, instead of proving yourself. You goes like when you feel bad but do good it makes you feel like a better and more productive person.
Other names similar to Storm, for would be moms
- Lindsie - Meaning of Lindsie is Lincoln's Wetlands used for both boys and girls has its origin in Old English is chiefly used in English and English
- Stancil - Meaning of Stancil is Beam is a baby boy name has origin in English
- Harwinne means Friend and A Friend of the Hare is rooted from English is used as a boy name. Harwinne is derived from Harwin.
- Baxie - Origin of Baxie is in Old English, meaning of Baxie is "Baker and Bread Baker" is a baby boy name. Baxie is abridged form of Baxter.
- Vinson - Persistent and Prevalent Vinson is used prevalently in English and Hindi is a baby boy name. It is rooted from Old English, Vinson means "Son of Vincent or Son of Vincent or Son of Conqueror"
Famous people named Storm
- Storm Constantine, British science fiction and fantasy author
- Storm Jameson, English journalist and author
- Storm & Stress, were an American experimental rock band
- Storm Thorgerson, English graphic designer and music video director
- Storm Large, American singer, songwriter, actress and author
- Storm Davis, retired professional baseball player
- Storm, Norwegian Viking metal band that originally included Fenriz of Darkthrone and Satyr of Satyricon
- Storm Cat, American Thoroughbred stallion whose breeding fee during the peak of his stud career was $500
- Storm Queen, notable Australian thoroughbred racehorse
- Storm Bugs, post punk band
- Storm Roux is a naturalized Australian and New Zealand national footballer who plays as a defender in the Central Coast Mariners of the A-League.
- Storm Boyd in short The Colonel's Escape as Actor
Lists having Storm
- Boys names beginning with S
- Girls names beginning with S
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Weather