Sumaiya meaning and origin
The rare girl name Sumaiya is prevalently used in Arabic and Tamil languages, Sumaiya means "The First Lady who Obtained Shahadat in Islam or Pure".
Variants of SumaiyaNames that rhyme with Sumaiya
Popularity of Sumaiya
Sumaiya is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 2007, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 604 on girl names chart when 59 babies were named Sumaiya. Over 857 babies in England and Wales have been named Sumaiya. The first name is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1991 and was able to reach the top 5000 names. In 2002, it ranked 4760th when 30 girls were named Sumaiya. Over 475 babies in United States have been named Sumaiya.
However things change on global perspective, Sumaiya is extremely popular in Bangladesh where every 1 in 500 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Nigeria and India. At least, 430000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Here's what numbers has to say about Sumaiya
When it comes to love, you are the jealous partner with a low self-confidence. Open up to people and let them into your world. Do what your heart tells you to do. Otherwise, you will end up unhappy. You don't want to live an ordinary life and be remembered as some other folk who lived and died for nothing. Allow your logical mind to take a break and follow your heart for once in your life. If letter A is your capstone in your name, you are romantic by nature. However, you are also interested in action.
You would love these names similar to Sumaiya
- Jamilah - Originated from English and Arabic, Unorthodox Jamilah is used chiefly in Sindhi, Arabic and Tamil is a gender-neutral name, Jamilah means "Graceful, Beautiful or Lovely"
- Nafi - Unexpected choice and Fresh boy name Nafi is substantially used in Arabic and Turkish, meaning of Nafi is "Useful, Propitious or Precious"
- Kashef especially is used in Sindhi and Arabic bestowed upon baby boys, meaning of Kashef is "Uncoverer"
- Baleel - Boy name Baleel is primarily used in Sindhi and Arabic, Baleel means "One of the Prophet or Moisture"
- Hammam - Origin of Hammam is in Arabic is used dominantly in Sindhi and Arabic, a boy name, meaning of Hammam is "A Hero, Great Man or Chief"
Namesakes of Sumaiya
We could not find any notable namesake.