Svea meaning and origin
Persistent and Unexpected choice Svea predominantly is used in Icelandic, Norwegian, Finnish, Scandinavian, Danish and Swedish aimed at girls that of Old Norse origin, meaning of Svea is "Sweden, Empire of the Swedes, Free or Kinsman".
Variants of SveaNames that rhyme with Svea
Popularity of Svea
Svea was a common name in Sweden. Over 316 babies have been named Svea since 2007. At its zenith in 2012,. After 2 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Svea is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1892 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1909, it ranked 1290th when 41 girls were named Svea. There are over 683 babies that have been given the name Svea in United States. Also, in Switzerland, the name has been in use since 1998 and has secured the place in top 300 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 237 on girl names chart when 33 babies were named Svea. There are over 309 babies that have been given the name Svea in Switzerland.
Svea is an uncommon baby name in France where it is still in use. In Belgium, it is relatively new, first appeared in 1998. Svea is a rare baby name in Sweden where it is still in use. Over 316 people have been named Svea in Sweden. Svea is a common name in Germany while somewhat familiar name in Estonia. As per our research, over 7000 babies have been bestowed Svea around the globe.
Svea in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Svea
You try to teach others to follow your example and work hard on their dreams but they ignore you, thinking you are losing time. Explore yourself more. Change your attitude to change your life for the better. You want to be in control of your life and emotions. You like to believe that whatever we think, we become. Nothing can stop them from achieving what they intended. You practically became the Superman you once admired.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Svea
- Reginaldus - Used principally in Danish and English unfading and admired, Reginaldus aimed at boys has its origin in Germanic. Reginaldus is Latin form of Reginald
- Nóirín - Used majorly in Irish, Nóirín means "Foreign". Its origin is in Old Provençal is aimed at girls
- Broderus is Latin equivalent of Broder
- Jehuda - Boy name Jehuda is particulary used in Swedish, Finnish and Danish has origin in Hebrew. Jehuda is Nordic form of The Hebrew Name יְהוּדָה = Praised
- Hermane - Renowned and Venerable boy name Hermane is predominantly used in Danish and Greenlandic. Hermane is Greenlandic form of Herman
Namesakes of Svea
- Svea Norén, Swedish figure skater
- In 2006, Svea Lohde portrayed the role of Livia and Nils' girlfriend in drama movie Sommer '04.