Joakim meaning and origin
Queer and Contemporary Joakim has its origin in Hebrew is a baby boy name, Joakim means "Yahweh Will Establish, God Puts Upright or God Judges On" is used in Nordic, Scandinavian, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish and Swedish. Joakim is variation of preeminent and biblical Joachim. Meaning of Joachim is Raised By God, God Will Raise and God Towards is of Hebrew origin.. Joakim is celebrated on July 26.
Variants of JoakimNames that rhyme with Joakim
Popularity of Joakim
Joakim used to be a common name in Sweden, first appeared in 1998 and over 1449 babies have been given the name in 6 years. At its zenith in 1998,. After 6 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Joakim is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1970 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 2010, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 558 on boy names chart when 97 babies were named Joakim. Over 1454 people have been named Joakim in France.
Joakim is an uncommon baby name in United States, its highest ever rank is 5466 (2014) in its 11 years run on United States naming chart. There are over 119 babies that have been given the name Joakim in United States. In England and Wales, it is relatively new, first appeared in 1996. In Belgium, it has been in use since 1996 and peaked in 2003 when it ranked 622nd. Joakim is a common name in Norway, Tanzania, Kenya, Denmark, Finland and Uganda while somewhat familiar name in India, DR Congo, Zimbabwe, Serbia, Zambia, Malawi, Croatia, Papua New Guinea, Germany, Indonesia, England and Namibia. According to our findings, over 30000 babies have been named Joakim globally.
Here's what numbers has to say about Joakim
You like to observe things and people. You are not very excited when it comes to meeting new people because you expect disappointment. Although you can't stand in one place for too long, if something catches your attention, you are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done perfectly. You made everyone proud in your life, even if no one acknowledges your efforts and hard work to be the best person you can possibly be.
Do you like Joakim? You would love these names
- Suiaq is form of Suiaĸ in Greenlandic language
- Paedher - Particulary used in Old Swedish and Swedish, Paedher is aimed at boys. Paedher is Swedish cognate of Pædher
- Wenningsted is originated from Germanic is principally used in Finnish and Faroese, Wenningsted means "Gained Land or Low German Stede = Settlement" is used for boys
- Rúrik is Icelandic equivalent of Rurik
- Jaská - Jaská's meaning is Quiet has origin in Sami and is principally used in Sami is used for baby girls
Namesakes of Joakim
- Joakim Garff, Danish theologian and Søren Kierkegaard scholar at Søren Kierkegaard Research Center at the University of Copenhagen
- Joakim Pirinen, Swedish illustrator, author, and comic creator
- Joakim Lindengren, Swedish cartoonist, illustrator and artist
- Joakim Stulić, lexicographer from the Republic of Ragusa
- Joakim Sundström, Swedish supervising sound editor
- Joakim Nätterqvist, Swedish actor, theatre director
- Joakim Frederik Schouw, Danish lawyer, botanist and politician
- Joakim Thåström, Swedish singer and songwriter
- Joakim Haeggman, Swedish European Tour golfer
- Joakim Nyström, former top ten ranked tennis player from Sweden
- Joakim Berg, Swedish singer, songwriter and musician
- Joakim Vujić, Serbian writer, dramatist, actor
- Joakim Bäckström, Swedish professional golfer
- Joakim Noah, professional basketball player for the Memphis Grizzlies of the National Basketball Association
- Joakim Austnes, Norwegian former professional football forward
- Joakim Alexandersson, football biography
- Joakim Soria, Mexican professional baseball relief pitcher for the Oakland Athletics of Major League Baseball
- Joakim Lindström, Swedish professional ice hockey winger currently playing for Skellefteå AIK of the Swedish Hockey League
- Joakim Andersson, Swedish professional ice hockey centre for Örebro HK of the Swedish Hockey League
- Joakim Nilsson, retired Swedish footballer
- Joakim Sjöhage, retired Swedish footballer who played as a striker
- Joakim Åhlund in This Is the End as Soundtrack
- Joakim Schröder in G as Actor
- Joakim Börjlind in tvMiniSeries Xerxes as Actor
- Joakim Sikberg portrayed the central role of Billy and Reporter and The Boss in 2008 comedy film Talangjakten.