Thorn meaning and origin
Origin of Offbeat Thorn is in Old English is used as a baby boy name, meaning of Thorn is "Town of Thorns, Thornton Variant, Surname or From the Thorny Thicket" is majorly used in Finnish, English, Swedish, Danish and Old SwedishOld DanishNorwegian. Thorn is a variation of admired and evergreen Thornton. Of Old English origin, Rare Thornton is largely used in English, meaning of Thornton is "Town of Thorns, From the Thorny Town and Dweller At the Thorny Estate". Thorn is equivalent of Þorn in Danish and Swedish languages.
Variants of ThornNames that rhyme with Thorn
Popularity of Thorn
Thorn is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 32 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 4000. There are over 260 babies that have been given the name Thorn in United States. Thorn is a rare baby name in England and Wales still in use today. But Thorn is a popular baby name in Cambodia where every 1 in 500 have the name. As per our evaluation, over 30000 people has been named Thorn globally.
What numbers say about Thorn?
Number 3 as an expression number reveals your charm, positive attitude toward life, and contagious smile. You get disappointed when you realize that most people worry more about social appearances rather than personal growth. You are too kind to tell these people to leave and so, you end up drained and confused. Your bad habits and addictions block your way to success. Your only mistake is that you are trying to prove others you can do it, instead of proving yourself.
You would love these names similar to Thorn
- Franziskus - Meaning of Franziskus is Little Frenchman / Franke or Little Frenchman is originated from Italian which is used largely in Swedish and Finnish is aimed at baby boys
- Matas - Matas's meaning is Gift of Yahweh is used as a boy name that came from Hebrew and Lithuanian is substantially used in Swedish and Finnish
- Josy - The infrequent unisex name Josy means "God Adds". Its origin is in Hebrew is commonly used in English, Swedish and Finnish
- Artemi - Commonly Accepted boy name Artemi is especially used in Danish, Russian and Swedish is originated from Old Greek language. Artemi is form of Artemas in Russian language. Also Artemi is Finnish and Russian cognate of Artemis
- Nitha - Girl name Nitha is dominantly used in Hindi and Tamil, meaning of Nitha is "Red or Moral"
Namesakes of Thorn
We could not find any notable namesake.