Gita meaning and origin
Odd unisex name Gita is used chiefly in Swedish, Hindi, Marathi, Assamese, Danish, Tamil, Gujarati, Kannada, Telugu, Norwegian, Sanskrit, Bengali, Finnish, Oriya, Sindhi and Malayalam and originated from Celtic, Sanskrit and Old Greek, Gita means "Holy Book or Song". Gita is variant form of customary Gitta. Gitta is variation of outstanding Brigitta. Also Gitta is a variant of Its Variant Forms. Gitta is also version of virtuous Margitta. Gitta is resulted from Gita. Gitta is abridged form of Brigitta. Also Gitta is abridged form of Brigitte. Offbeat Gitta has its origin in Sanskrit and Celtic, Gitta means "Sublime and The Exalted One".. Gita is Czech equivalent of Brigita. Also Gita is Czech equivalent of Bridget. Also Gita is Slavic and Polish cognate of Margaret.
Variants of GitaNames that rhyme with Gita
Popularity of Gita
Gita is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 54 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 3000. Over 459 babies in United States have been named Gita. It had a short run of 4 years on England and Wales girl names chart. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1927 and achieved its top most rank of 1080 in 1948. Gita is a rare baby name in Belgium, chances of it being still in use are very slim. However things change on global perspective, Gita is extremely popular in India where every 1 in 500 have the name as well as in Nepal. Also the baby name is popular in Indonesia and Iran. According to our evaluation, at least 3080000 people have been bestowed Gita around the globe.
Gita in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Gita?
Change your perspective. Failure motivates you. You can't stand injustice. Your intellectual mind is always generating new creative ideas. You are intuitive but never use your intuition when it comes to making important decisions in life. You always care more about other people's well-being and never find time to check how you are doing. The letter A as your capstone represents your high aspirations and unusual character.
Do you like Gita? Read these names too
- Ron - Used principally in Norwegian and English frequently used, Ron has its origin in Celtic and Old Norse is a gender-neutral name, Ron means "Council or Govern or Ruler's Counselor"
- Erina - Unwonted Erina is originated from Old Irish and Celtic, Erina means "The Irish Woman or Poetic Name for Ireland", chiefly used in Swedish, Danish and Finnish is given to girls
- Senga - Preeminent and Evergreen girl name Senga is originated from Celtic and Old Greek is mainly used in Scottish and Gaelic. Senga is Gaelic form of Agnes
- Owain - Dominantly used in Swedish, Finnish and Danish atypical, Owain is used as a baby boy name has its roots in Welsh and Celtic, meaning of Owain is "Youth or Born of Esos"
- Tera - Unfading and Prevalent Tera is used in English and Swedish, Tera means "Hill, Star or Crag" and rooted from Japanese and Latin is used as a girl name
Namesakes of Gita
- Gita Mehta, Indian writer and was
- Gita Press, world's largest publisher of Hindu religious texts
- Gita Pullapilly in Beneath the Harvest Sky as Producer
- Gitanjali in Parasmani as Actress
- Gita Isak in The Sweet Taste of Liberty as Actress
- Gita Hall in The Still Life as
- Gita Reddy in The Bourne Legacy as Actress
- Gita Gutawa Aluna Sagita Gutawa, artistically known as Gita Gutawa.
- Gita de Barros is credited as writer of movie É Pra Casar?
- In 1976, Gita Luka characterized the role of N in drama, romance film Street 60.
- In 1974 flick, Ohnivé krizovatky, Gita Misurová characterized Valesová.
- Gita Rank characterized significant role of Merike in 1989 drama flick Ma pole turist, ma elan siin.
Lists having Gita
- Boys names beginning with G
- Girls names beginning with G
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Assamese Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Holy
- Baby Names that mean Hindu
- Baby Names that mean Song