Timotheus meaning and origin
Uncustomary Timotheus is used chiefly in Swedish, Finnish, Greenlandic, German, Norwegian and Danish aimed at baby boys, Timotheus means "Honoring God or God the Honourable" is originated from Old Greek. Timotheus is a variant form of venerable, biblical and celebrated Timothy. Also Timothy is form of Timotheus in English language. Timothy's meaning is To Honor God, Honoring God Honored By God and God the Honourable is originated from Old Greek. Timotheus is form of The Greek Name Τιμοθεος in Latin language.
Variants of TimotheusNames that rhyme with Timotheus
Popularity of Timotheus
Timotheus is an uncommon baby name in United States, although it has been in use since 1971 but could not make beyond the top 4000. Over 183 babies in United States have been named Timotheus. The first name is a common name in Namibia while somewhat familiar name in South Africa, Indonesia and Germany. At least, 2000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Timotheus in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Timotheus
People find you attractive because of your mysterious private life and self-confident approach to everything. You are easily adaptable to changes and used to take the high road to success. You are sensitive, humane and compassionate by nature. It's like luck follows you wherever you go and whatever you do results in a positive outcome. Whatever you put your mind to, turns out great at the end.
Do you like Timotheus? You would love these names
- Margarethe - Margarethe's meaning is The Pearl is a girl name. Its origin is in Old Greek is used substantially in Danish, Norwegian and Scandinavian
- Helea came from Old Greek, meaning of Helea is "The Word Helios with the Meaning Sun and Sun" is used for girls. Helea is resultant of Helia.
- Eustacia - Anomalous Eustacia is originated from Old Greek is used prevalently in English, Eustacia means "Stachys, Eu or Giving Fruit" is used as a baby girl name
- Corine - Preeminent and Evergreen unisex name Corine has origin in Greek and Old Greek, meaning of Corine is "Greek Poetess" is substantially used in French and English
- Aleksanteri - Eternal and Darling Aleksanteri particulary is used in Swedish and Finnish is a baby boy name has origin in Old Greek. Aleksanteri is Finnish equivalent of Alexander
Namesakes of Timotheus
- Timotheus, Greek statesman and general
- Timotheus of Miletus, Greek musician and dithyrambic poet