Afonso meaning and origin
Used in Galician and Portuguese recent and queer, Afonso means "Fight, Battle or Noble and Fast" and is rooted from German and Gothic is used for boys. Afonso is derivation of Alfonso. Alfonso is Italian equivalent of Alfons. Alfonso's meaning is Eager for War, Noble and The Elements Adal Meaning Noble Honorable + Ala All + Hadu Struggle + Hild Battle Fight + Funs Ready has origin in English, Italian and Gothic. Afonso is celebrated on August 1st.
Variants of AfonsoNames that rhyme with Afonso
Popularity of Afonso
In France, Afonso is a unique name where it has been in use since 1970 and has secured the place in top 2000 names. Recently in 2018, it ranked 1187th when 30 boys were named Afonso. Over 216 babies in France have been named Afonso. Also, in Switzerland, the name has been in use since 2001 and has secured the place in top 300 names. In 2014, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 295 on boy names chart when 28 babies were named Afonso. Over 217 people have been named Afonso in Switzerland.
Afonso is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, in use since 2004, peaked in 2018 when it ranked 1382nd. Over 139 babies in England and Wales have been named Afonso. The moniker is a rare baby name in United States, chances of it being still in use are very slim since it isn't seen since 2006. And also in Ireland. But Afonso is a popular baby name in Angola where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in, Brazil, Mozambique, Portugal and East Timor. As per our estimate, over 190000 people has been named Afonso globally.
Afonso in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Afonso
Stress hates your guts. You have the heart of a warrior. You are always direct because you hate to argue with people when it comes to misunderstandings. You have to stay as you are – determined and self-confident to realize your goals. Planning is what keeps your mind in shape. To have number 4 as your soul urge no, it reveals your old and wise soul. You are dominant in your circle of friends.
Other names similar to Afonso, for soon-to-be-parents
- Ansfried means God or Peace is rooted from Old High German
- Karlie - Loved Karlie is used dominantly in Finnish, Danish and Swedish is a girl name and came from English, Germanic and Old High German, Karlie means "Man or Husband"
- Donar came from Germanic bestowed upon boys, meaning of Donar is "God of Thunder"
- Aimard - Meaning of Aimard is House or Famous is of German origin
- Chlothilde means Famous Fighter came from Old High German
Namesakes of Afonso
- Afonso Pena, Brazilian politician
- Afonso Celso Garcia Reis, ',see Afonso Guimarães da Silva
- Afonso Van-Dunem, Angolan politician
- Afonso II of Kongo, ruler of the Kingdom of Kongo in 1561
- Afonso II of Kongo and Nkondo, ruler of the kingdom of Kongo
- Afonso de Albuquerque, Portuguese general, a "great conqueror"
- Afonso I of Portugal, He achieved the independence of the southern part of the Kingdom of Galicia
- Afonso II of Portugal, King of Portugal
- Afonso III of Portugal, first to use the title 'King of Portugal and the Algarve'
- Afonso IV of Portugal,
- Afonso V of Portugal, was King of Portugal and of the Algarves
- Afonso VI of Portugal, second King of Portugal and the Algarves of the House of Braganza
- Afonso Dhlakama, Mozambican politician and the leader of RENAMO
- Afonso de Paiva, Portuguese diplomat and explorer of Ethiopia and the Barbary Coast together with Pêro da Covilhã
- Afonso I, Duke of Braganza, first Duke of Braganza and the eighth Count of Barcelos
- Afonso of Portugal, Lord of Portalegre, Portuguese 'infante'
- Afonso Costa, Portuguese lawyer
- Afonso Alves, Brazilian former professional footballer,
- Afonso Arinos, Brazilian writer
- Afonso I of Kongo, ruler of the Kingdom of Kongo
- Afonso Gonçalves Baldaia, 15th-century Portuguese nautical explorer
- Afonso Schmidt, journalist, short story writer, novelist
- Afonso Cláudio de Freitas Rosa, as he was better known by the people, was
- Afonso Melo in Nuvem as Actor
- Afonso Pimentel in Mistérios de Lisboa as Actor
- Afonso Lopes in Episode #9.220 as Actor
- Afonso Poyart in 2 Coelhos as Producer
- Afonso Botelho is credited as writer of movie P�o, Amor e... Totobola
- Afonso Stuart portrayed the important role of Comendador Lemos in 1955 comedy, musical flick Trabalhou Bem, Genival.