Anand meaning and origin
Anand means Joy, Happiness, Bliss, One who is Blissful, Delightful or Always Merry and Full of Smiles is used especially in Hindi, Tamil, Bengali, Telugu, Gujarati, Oriya, Indian, Assamese, Sanskrit, Malayalam, Sikh, Kannada and Marathi and a baby boy name is originated from Sanskrit.
Variants of AnandNames that rhyme with Anand
Popularity of Anand
Anand is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1966 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1980, it ranked 1226th when 56 boy were named Anand. Over 1737 babies in United States have been named Anand. The first name is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 900. Over 262 babies in England and Wales have been named Anand. In France, it has been in use since 1982 and peaked in 1982 when it ranked 2424th.
Anand is a rare baby name in Ireland where it may not be used now since it isn't seen since 2009. However things change on global perspective, Anand is extremely popular in India where every 1 in 2000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Nepal and United Arab Emirates. At least, 660000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Anand in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Anand
You love life and life loves you. You are enthusiastic, always do something productive, however, you lack creativity. In order to refuel your soul with creativity, travel, or do something unusual for you. You have a sharp focus and nothing slips your eye. Believe it or not, people's stupidity and superficial attitude towards life can inspire you like nothing else can. You think a lot and it makes you sick sometimes.
Do you like Anand? Other names you would love
- Namdev - The boy name Namdev means "Lord Vishnu or Poet" is used predominantly in Indian and Kannada
- Madura is used in Sindhi, Oriya and Bengali, Madura means "Sugar, A Bird or Bird" and rooted from Sanskrit is bestowed upon both boys and girls
- Vishnu - Curious boy name Vishnu is used notably in Marathi, Assamese and Oriya, meaning of Vishnu is "To Pervade or Special" is rooted from Sanskrit
- Natesh - Of Sanskrit origin, Natesh is a baby boy name, Natesh means "Destroyer or King" is used in Indian and Tamil
- Harshika - Of Sanskrit origin, Outlandish and Contemporary Harshika is a baby girl name, dominantly used in Oriya and Kannada, Harshika means "Full of Happiness, Joyful or One who Gives Happiness"
Namesakes of Anand
- Anand Yadav, Marathi writer from Maharashtra, India
- Anand Krishna, art historian and museologist
- Anand Sai, art director in South Indian Cinema
- Anand Sivakumaran, writer, director based in India
- Anand Narain Mulla, Urdu poet of India
- Anand Panyarachun, was Thailand's Prime Minister twice: once between 1991–1992 and again during the latter half of 1992
- Anand Lal Shimpi, former tech journalist and American businessman
- Anand Tucker, film director and producer based in London
- Anand Patwardhan, Indian documentary filmmaker
- Anand Bakshi, popular Indian poet and lyricist
- Anand, Indian writer
- Anand Swarup, Sant Satguru
- Anand Singh, Fijian lawyer and former politician of Indian descent
- Anand Babla, Fijian politician of Indian descent
- Anand Satyanand, former lawyer
- Anand Naidoo, South African anchor and correspondent for CGTN America based
- Anand Kumar, Indian mathematician
- Anand Amritraj, former Indian tennis player and businessman
- Anand Jain, Indian business executive
- Anand Sharma, Indian politician and former Union Cabinet Minister in charge of Commerce and Industry and Textiles
- Anand Jon, Indian-born American celebrity fashion designer
- Anand Gandhi, Indian filmmaker, entrepreneur, media producer
- Ananda St. James in Heart's Desire as Actress
- Anand Modak was an acclaimed composer and music director at the Marathi theater and theater, known for his experimental style.
- Anand Chitragupth is the composer of movie Chhupa Rustam: A Musical Thriller
- In 2009 drama movie, Simplemente Ruben Dario, Anand Bhatt played Ruben Dario.
- In 1999, Anand Abhyankar portrayed the role of N in drama and mystery movie Ratra Aarambh.
- Anand Narula played small role of N in 1973 flick Ek Naav Kinare Do.
Lists having Anand
- Boy names beginning with A
- Sanskrit Boy Names
- Indian Boy Names
- Hindi Boy Names
- Assamese Boy Names
- Bengali Boy Names
- Gujarati Boy Names
- Kannada Boy Names
- Malayalam Boy Names
- Marathi Boy Names
- Tamil Boy Names
- Telugu Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Joy
- Baby Names that mean Happiness
- Baby Names that mean Bliss
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Delightful
- Baby Names that mean Always
- Baby Names that mean Merry
- Baby Names that mean Full