Antonin name meaning
What does Antonin mean?
Used prevalently in Polish, Czech and French rarefied, Antonin means "Who Eats Flower". It is rooted from Greek and Latin is used for baby boys. Antonin is derivation of Antonio. Antonio is version of virtuous, desirable and imperishable Anthony. Also Antonio is variation of virtuous, admired and imperishable Antoine. Antonio is Italian cognate of Anton. Also Antonio is equivalent of Antonius in Italian language. Antonio's meaning is Beyond Praise, Invaluable and Of Inestimable Worth is originated from Latin and Greek. Antonin is celebrated on May 2nd.
How do I pronounce Antonin?
One syllabled Antonin is most commonly pronounced as AN-to-neen with emphasis on first AN syllable. The name can also be pronounced as a-nto-nin or an-tonin.
Variants of Antonin
Antonius, Antonion, Anthonius, Anthony, AntonNames that rhyme with Antonin
How popular is the name Antonin?
Antonin was a popular name in France. Over 39083 babies have been given the moniker in 123 years. At the peak of its usage in 2002, it ranked 62nd when 1347 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. However after 123 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 100 baby names 47 times Antonin is a familiar baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 2002, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 214 on boy names chart when 52 babies were given the name Antonin. Over 760 people have been named Antonin in Belgium.
Antonin is an uncommon baby name in United States, in use since 1992, peaked in 1992 when it ranked 7421st. It also recently appeared in England and Wales baby boy names chart. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 but could not make beyond the top 500. Over 199 babies in Switzerland have been named Antonin. But Antonin is a popular baby name in Czech Republic where every 1 in 2000 have the name. At least, 40000 people globally have carried Antonin as their given name according to our estimate.
Antonin in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Antonin?
Working harder than required is what you are known for. You prefer to follow your intuition rather than follow rules and suggestions. People often mistake you for a fool but you always find an indirect way to prove them wrong. You respond to occurrences in an unusual, impulsive but also creative way. You don't need people to tell you that you are awesome and special because you already know. In order to keep your motivation high, you must interact with people every now and then.
Looking for a name like Antonin? Please go through the following names
- Stina - Stina's meaning is Christine is specifically used in Norwegian, English and Faroese used as a baby girl name came from Latin and Germanic
- Eloy - Used predominantly in Spanish and English loved, Eloy is a boy name is originated from Latin and Hebrew, Eloy means "Eligere or Chosen One"
- Rainier - Unfamiliar Latin, Germanic and Old High German Rainier is a gender insensitive name, dominantly used in Finnish, English and Danish, meaning of Rainier is "Army, Frog or Warrior"
- Miliana - Of Latin origin, Unwonted and Contemporary Miliana bestowed upon baby girls, Miliana means "Willing or One who is Eager" is used predominantly in Finnish, Swedish and Danish
- Bonnée - The Bonnée means ""Good" Celebrates 3 January" came from Latin
Sibling Names for Antonin
Choosing a name for your newborn is one of the most exciting tasks for parents. If you have decided on the name Antonin, you might be looking for sibling names that complement it well. Here are some unique and meaningful names that would make great choices for brothers or sisters of an Antonin.
Names for Antonin's sister
Brother to Antonin
Famous people named Antonin
- Antonin Mercié, French sculptor and painter
- Antonin Proust, French journalist and politician
- Antonin Idrac, French sculptor
- Antonin Drapier, Dominican Order archbishop and Apostolic Delegate to Indochina
- Antonin Michel, French Language Scrabble player
- Antonin Gadal, French mystic and historian
- Antonin Poncet, French surgeon
- Antonin Fritsch, Czech paleontologist, biologist and geologist
- Antonin Scalia,
- Antonin Artaud, French dramatist, poet, essayist, actor
- Antonin Nechodoma, Czech architect
- Antonin Magne, French cyclist
- Antonin Koutouan, football striker who plays
- Antonin Rolland, professional French cyclist from 1946 to 1963
- Antonin Raymond, Czech American architect
- Antonina Armato in High School Musical 2 as Soundtrack
- Antonino Bruschetta in L'uomo in più as Actor
- Antonin Berval is well-known for his acting in movie Justin de Marseille
- Antonin Klepac, from 1978 drama film Nechci nic slyset, who characterized the Ty.
- In 2009 drama, romance flick, Le fil, Antonin Stahly Viswanadhan characterized Malik.
Lists having Antonin
- Boy names beginning with A
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Greek Boy Names
- Latin Boy Names
- Czech Boy Names
- French Boy Names
- Polish Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Ant
- Popular Boy Names in France (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Flower