Assaf meaning and origin
Odd boy name Assaf has its origin in Hebrew. Assaf is variant transcription of Asaf. Asaf is a version of Asaph. Asaf is equivalent of אָסָף, a Hebrew Name Meaning Collector in Latin language. Odd Hebrew Asaf, meaning of Asaf is "Gathers".
Variants of AssafNames that rhyme with Assaf
Popularity of Assaf
Assaf is an uncommon baby name in France where it is still in use. Assaf is a rare baby name in United States there is very thin chances of it still being given. Assaf is a common name in Syria while somewhat familiar name in Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan, Israel, Kuwait and Palestine. According to our research, over 4000 babies have been named Assaf globally.
Here's what numbers has to say about Assaf
Your number represents mind strength and persistence. You don't like to be told what to do, nor boss around. You never come up with a plan to achieve something but make your way as you go. You always have the best ideas and persistence to realize each and one of them at work. It takes a long time for someone to gain a special place in your heart. You are stubborn and self-motivated. In love, you act childish and don't care much about the feelings of your partner because you start relationships without falling in love first. Once you fall in love, everything changes.
If you like Assaf, you would love these names
- Einav - The uncommon unisex name Einav came from Hebrew largely used in Hebrew language, Einav means "Grape"
- Airial - Airial's meaning is Lion of God has origin in Hebrew is aimed at both sexes. Airial is resulted from Ariel.
- Kaniel means Stalk Reed or Spear-Like used for baby boys which is used dominantly in English is originated from Hebrew
- Zackary - Famous unisex name Zackary is originated from Hebrew, meaning of Zackary is "Variant of Zachariah or Zachary or Yahweh Remembers" is used primarily in English language. Frequently Used Zackary ranked at 451 position in 2011 on baby boy names chart in United States
- Almon - Pleasing and Perennial unisex name Almon is used specifically in English, meaning of Almon is "Forsaken a Widower" has origin in Hebrew
Namesakes of Assaf
- Assaf Ben-Shimon in Hitganvut Yehidim as Actor
- Assaf Rinde in Spider-Man 3 as Music Department
- Assaf Bernstein in The Debt as Director
- Assaf Cohen in Flightplan as Actor
- Assaf Amdursky is the composer of movie Rock the Casbah