Bradford name meaning
On This Page
What does Bradford mean?
Bradford means Wide River-crossing or Broad Ford is used notably in English given to both genders is rooted from Old English.
Is Bradford suitable to use as a baby name?
Bradford is a charming and timeless baby boy name that originated in Britain. The name derives from the combination of two words, "broad" and "ford," which means a wide or shallow river crossing.
With its British roots, Bradford has the perfect blend of traditional and modern charm that makes it a unique choice for parents looking for a classic yet trendy name. Its smooth pronunciation and easy spelling also make it an ideal choice for parents who want their child's name to stand out without being overly complicated.
Additionally, Bradford has been used as both a first and last name for many years, giving it an air of sophistication and timelessness that sets it apart from other names.
How do I pronounce Bradford?
The two syllabled name Bradford is pronounced, b-radfo-rd. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., br(ad)-ford.
Variants of BradfordNames that rhyme with Bradford
How popular is the name Bradford?
Bradford was a popular name in United States. Over 31807 babies have been given the name in 136 years. At its zenith in 1953, it ranked 240th when 778 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
However after 136 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 49 times Also, Bradford is a familiar name in Canada, South Africa, England, Philippines and Jamaica.
As per our research, over 30000 babies have been bestowed Bradford around the globe.
Numerological analysis of Bradford
Use your brain when it comes to social interaction. You are the innovator, the one who organizes parties or sleepovers, and the initiator for doing unusual stuff. Even if you are an awesome, trustworthy and loyal friend to everyone you know, not everyone will return the favor. You want to shout it out to the world that not everyone has to think or behave the same. You have the heart of a warrior.
Do you like Bradford? You would love these names
- Hans - Customary and Evergreen unisex name Hans came from Hebrew, Hans means "God is Merciful or Yahweh is Gracious" is used in Norwegian and Bengali. In 1971, admired Hans was the 497th most popular name on baby boy names chart in United States
- Nola - Nola's meaning is The Word Nuall with the Meaning Famous Champion Chariot-Fighter or White Shoulder came from Latin and African-Mende which is especially used in Irish and English is aimed at both genders
- Pedro - Widespread and Conifer Pedro has its origin in Old Greek and Latin, Pedro means "The Rock or The Stone" used especially in Danish and Swedish is bestowed upon both boys and girls
- Frederic - Frederic's meaning is Safety or Power is used as a baby boy name which is rooted from Old High German and Germanic is notably used in Swedish and Norwegian
- Sonny - Used largely in Swedish, Norwegian and English unfading and prominent, Sonny means "A Nickname or Given Name or Like a Bear" and is bestowed upon both sexes is of Old French and English origin
Sibling Names for Bradford
Introducing your newborn to the world is no small feat, especially when it comes to deciding on the perfect name. For those considering the name "Bradford" for their little boy, we've compiled a list of sibling names that complement this classic moniker perfectly. From timeless names like William and Elizabeth to more unique options like Jasper and Rowan, there's sure to be something here that catches your eye.
Sister to Bradford
Brother for Bradford
Famous people named Bradford
- Bradford How, MuchMusic VJ from 2000 to 2003
- Bradford Graves, sculptor, musician, and teacher
- Bradford Cannon, the son of Dr
- Bradford Gowen, has received national attention since winning first prize in the 1978 Kennedy Center/Rockefeller Foundation International Competition for Excellence
- Bradford Gilbert, American architect based in New York City
- Bradford Parkinson, American engineer and inventor
- Bradford City stadium fire, occurred during an English League Third Division match between Bradford City and Lincoln City on Saturday
- Bradford William LePage, Canadian politician and the 15th Lieutenant Governor of Prince Edward Island
- Bradford Dillman, American actor and author
- Bradford Tatum, American actor and author
- Bradford English, American character actor
- Bradford Hill, American politician
- Bradford Banta, former American football tight end and long snapper
- Bradford Washburn, Henry Bradford Washburn, Jr
- Bradford Bishop, William Bradford Bishop Jr
- Bradford Knapp, President of the Alabama Polytechnic Institute
- Bradford Anderson, American actor best
- Bradford Morrow, American novelist, editor, essayist, poet
- Bradford Vaughan, South African professional golfer
- Bradford N. Stevens, U.S. Representative from Illinois
- Bradford R. Wood, U.S. Representative from New York
- Bradford Reed, American multi-instrumentalist
- Bradford Cox, American singer-songwriter and musician
- Bradford R. Youngs in The Day I Kidnapped Tom Cruise as Producer
- Bradford Jackson in The Saga of the Viking Women and Their Voyage to the Waters of the Great Sea Serpent as Actor
- Bradford Hatton in Rosie as Actor
- Bradford Jamieson IV is an American footballer.
- Actor Bradford Bancroft, noted for movie Dangerously Close
- In 2013 crime and horror flick, Shame the Devil, Bradford West played Harry.
- In 2020, Bradford H. Benoit played the role of Brad and Brandi in comedy and crime movie Killing Diaz.
Lists having Bradford
- Boys names beginning with B
- Girls names beginning with B
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Boy names that ends with -ford
- Boy names that starts with Bra
- Baby Names that mean Wide
- Baby Names that mean River
- Baby Names that mean Broad
- Baby Names that mean Ford