Harlow name meaning
What does Harlow mean?
Used prevalently in English long standing and popular, Harlow has origin in Old English, Harlow means "Army or Meadow of the Hares" is aimed at both sexes.
How do I pronounce Harlow?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Harlow is harr-loh. It can also be pronounced as ha(r)-low.
Variants of Harlow
Nicknames for Harlow
Here is the list of Possible nicknames for the given name Harlow:
How popular is the name Harlow?
Harlow is a popular name in United States given to over 7987 babies in 110 years. Recently the moniker is on a rise, in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 366th spot and 858 baby girls were given the name. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 500 baby names 4 times A common name in England and Wales having over 1233 recievers in 22 years of usage. Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 2018, 214 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 235th position.
Harlow is a familiar baby name in New South Wales, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 100 names. Recently in 2017, 74 babies were given Harlow and it reached its peak ranking, 97 on girl names chart. Over 145 babies in New South Wales have been named Harlow. Also, in Queensland, in just 2 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. Recently in 2017, 65 babies were given Harlow and it reached its peak ranking, 77 on girl names chart. There are over 128 babies that have been given the name Harlow in Queensland. Also, in Victoria, in just 1 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. Recently in 2017, 57 babies were given Harlow and it reached its peak ranking, 98 on girl names chart.
Harlow is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it has been in use since 2011 and peaked in 2019 when it ranked 362nd. Harlow is a rare baby name in New South Wales where it is still in use. Over 145 people have been named Harlow in New South Wales. And also in Queensland. Over 128 babies in Queensland have been named Harlow. And also in Victoria. As per our findings, over 9000 babies have been bestowed Harlow around the globe.
What numerology tells about Harlow?
You have no enemies. You remind people that life is for you to live it, and not survive, something many do these days. You are all about adventure and travel. You are not like other people. You can't get used to a boring life and monotony. You easily adapt to new environments and want to hang around with new people. Your great sense of humor makes you attractive in other people's eyes. You have a curious mind and wish to explore the world.
Looking for names similar to Harlow? Please go through the following names
- Tisha - Unfading and Acclaimed Tisha substantially is used in Malayalam and Hindi, meaning of Tisha is "Survivor or Strong-willed", a baby girl name has origin in Latin and English-American. Dominant name Tisha managed to bag 493rd position on the list of baby girl names in 1979 in United States
- Cecilia - Long standing and Lofty Cecilia commonly is used in Scandinavian and German is of Latin origin, meaning of Cecilia is "The Way for the Blind, Dim Sighted or Indication of the Gender of Caecilier" is given to both sexes
- Renata - Widely Accepted unisex name Renata means "Born Again". Its origin is in Latin is largely used in Faroese and Swedish
- Dominick - Dominick's meaning is Belonging to the Lord or Offered to the Lord is used as a unisex name which is chiefly used in Swedish and Norwegian came from Latin
- Ron - The widely accepted unisex name Ron means "Song of Joy or Rules with Good Judgment" is originated from German and Old Norse is used mainly in Spanish and English
Famous people named Harlow
- Harlow Curtice, American auto industry executive
- Harlow Shapley, 20th-century American scientist
- Harlow Rothert, American athlete
- Harlow Wilcox, American session musician from Norman, Oklahoma
- Harlow Jane in Blood for Blood as Actress
Lists having Harlow
- Boys names beginning with H
- Girls names beginning with H
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Boy names that starts with Har
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2017)
- Baby Names that mean Hare
- Baby Names that mean Hill
- Baby Names that mean Meadow
- Baby Names that mean Army
- Baby Names that mean Host
- Baby Names that mean Rocky