Brent name meaning
On This Page
What does Brent mean?
Particulary used in Tamil, Bengali, Malayalam, Oriya, Telugu, Assamese, Hindi, Kannada, English, Gujarati and Marathi persistent and celebrated, Brent is used as a gender-neutral name. It is rooted from Old English and Celtic, meaning of Brent is "Hilltop, Burnt, Hill Top or Mount".
Brent is short of Brenton. Brenton is version of everlasting and desirable Brent. Illustrous and Perpetual Brenton's origin is Celtic and Old English, meaning of Brenton is "Hill and Hilltop" is used predominantly in English.
Does Brent work as a baby name?
Brent is a beloved baby boy name that has been trending in recent times. Its British origin comes from the word "hill," which implies strength and stability, both valuable virtues for a baby boy's name.
This name stands out due to its simplicity while retaining a touch of elegance and sophistication. It exudes an air of calmness, loyalty, and nobility, making it an ideal moniker for parents looking for something unique yet powerful.
Brent provides limitless possibilities for nicknames and is versatile enough to suit all personalities, backgrounds, and cultures. With its simple yet compelling meaning, parents can be sure that they are giving their little one a name with character and charm that will last them through life's various stages.
How do I pronounce Brent?
Three syllabled Brent is most commonly pronounced as b-re-nt.
Variants of BrentNames that rhyme with Brent
How popular is the name Brent?
Brent was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1885 around 139417 babies have been given the moniker. At the peak of its usage in 1971, it ranked 73rd when 4272 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
However after 148 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 100 baby names 18 times Brent used to be a common name in Netherlands, first appeared in 2015 and over 517 babies have been given the name in 5 years.
At the peak of its usage in 2015,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 5 years. Also, Brent used to be a common name in Belgium, first appeared in 1995 and over 3634 babies have been given the name in 24 years.
At the peak of its usage in 1997,. However after 24 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Also, Brent used to be a common name in New South Wales, first appeared in 1974 and over 1470 babies have been given the name in 16 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 1983,. After 16 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
In Queensland, Brent is a familiar name where it had been in use since for 14 from 1980 to 1993 and had secured the place in top 100 names.
In 1985, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 62 on boy names chart when 71 babies were given the name Brent. Over 824 people have been named Brent in Queensland.
Brent is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 571 on boy names chart when 32 babies were named Brent.
There are over 230 babies that have been given the name Brent in England and Wales.
Brent is a rare baby name in France there is very thin chances of it still being given.
But Brent is a popular baby name in Canada where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. According to our findings, at least 270000 people have been bestowed Brent around the globe.
Brent in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Brent
Being in a relationship is hard for you because you are all about variety. And you are respected for living according to your own rules. Competing with people won't bring you much but, compete with yourself will make you better than you were yesterday. Find a way to express how you feel without hurting anyone. Having the letter B as a cornerstone in your name reflects your sensitive nature. If you had to choose which animal you want to trade your human body with, you would choose a bird?
Other names liked by would be moms that are similar to Brent
- Bresi - Boy name Bresi is originated from Celtic is chiefly used in Icelandic and Old Norse languages. Bresi is form of Irish Bresse = Unruly in Norse language
- Kaiven - Pleasing Kaiven predominantly is used in English is originated from Celtic is given to boys. Kaiven is English cognate of Kevin
- Cezni - Originated from Celtic, Cezni means "Ray of Sunshine"
- Govin - Used dominantly in Tamil, Govin is used mostly as a baby boy name, Govin means "Sparrow" has origin in Celtic
- Morena - Rarefied Morena principally is used in Kannada and German, meaning of Morena is "Dark Skinned or Dark" which originated from Spanish and Celtic is given to baby girls
Sibling Names for Brent
If you're considering the name Brent for your baby boy, you might be interested in finding a sibling name that complements it nicely. Here is a list of 10 suggestions for girl and boy names that pair well with Brent, whether you're looking for something classic or unique.
Names for Brent's sister
Brother for Brent
Famous people named Brent
- Brent Mikesell, powerlifter from the United States
- Brent Galloway, American linguist noted for his work with endangered Amerindian languages
- Brent Cooper, professional boxer
- Brent Berlin, American anthropologist
- Brent Clements Rodd, prominent colonial lawyer and landowner
- Brent Symonette, Bahamian businessman and Minister of Financial Services
- Brent Bourgeois, American rock musician, songwriter, and producer
- Brent R. Wilkes, an American entrepreneur, defense contractor
- Brent Miskimmin, member of the national team that finished seventh at the 1984 Summer Olympics
- Brent Frankenhoff, American author and editor of books and magazines about comic books
- Brent Livermore, field hockey midfielder from Australia
- Brent Edison, attorney and Democratic-NPL politician
- Brent Tremblay, Canadian retired ice hockey defenceman
- Brent Taylor, Canadian educator, columnist, politician
- Brent Jordan, American author
- Brent Charlesworth, UK local politician
- Brent Michael Davids, American composer and flautist
- Brent Malone, Bahamian photorealist painter and gallery owner
- Brent Follett, British Conservative politician and barrister
- Brent Iverson, programmer best known as a simulations game developer
- Brent Runyon, contemporary writer for young adults
- Brent Brandon, former U.S. Air Force officer and Electronic Warfare Officer
- Brent Hefford, New Zealand cricketer
- Brent Taylor, American film actor
- Brent Staples, author and an editorial writer for 'The New York Times'
- Brent Frohoff, retired American professional beach volleyball player
- Brent Olynyk, He also took away silver from that tournament
- Brent Foster, athlete from New Zealand
- Brent McMillan, national executive director for the Green Party in the United States
- Brent Spencer, Anglo-Irish officer in the British Army
- Brent W. Jett Jr., Brent Ward Jett Jr
- Brent Dalrymple, American geologist
- Brent Spiner, American actor, comedian
- Brent Mydland, American keyboardist, vocalist and songwriter
- Brent St. Denis, Brent J. St
- Brent Scowcroft, former United States Air Force officer
- Brent Barry, American basketball executive
- Brent Liles, bassist for Social Distortion from 1981–1984 and later was the bassist for Agent Orange
- Brent Butt, Canadian actor, comedian, and writer
- Brent Belecki, former professional ice hockey goaltender
- Brent Anderson, American comics artist
- Brent Hayden, Canadian former competitive swimmer
- Brent and Shane Kinsman, are American twin child actors
- Brent Hawkes, Canadian clergyman and gay rights activist
- Brent Mayne, American former professional baseball catcher
- Brent Sutter, retired National Hockey League player and former head coach of the New Jersey Devils and Calgary Flames
- Brent Bambury, Canadian radio and television personality
- Brent Musburger, American sportscaster
- Brent Jones, former American football tight end
- Brent Collins, American actor who played the role of Mr
- Brent Albright, professional wrestler
- Brent McMahon, triathlete from Canada
Lists having Brent
- Boys names beginning with B
- Girls names beginning with B
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Assamese Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Bre
- Popular Boy Names in United States (1986)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2008)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (1992)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (1993)
- Baby Names that mean Hill
- Baby Names that mean Mount
- Baby Names that mean High
- Baby Names that mean Place