Collins meaning and origin
Unfading and Prevalent Collins is used mostly in English, Collins means "Victory of the People, Abbreviation of Nicholas, Holly or Girl" has its origin in Old Greek and Old Irish is a unisex name . Collins is form of immutable and trendy Colin. Colin is form of Cailean. Colin is diminutive of Nicolas. Colin is French and English equivalent of Nichol. Also Colin is form of Col in English language. Meaning of Colin is Dove, Young Creature and Pup is originated from Irish, Old Greek and Scottish.
Variants of CollinsNames that rhyme with Collins
Popularity of Collins
Collins is a popular name in United States given to over 6451 babies in 147 years. Recently the moniker is on a rise, in 2018, 604 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 514th position. Collins is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, its highest ever rank is 1991 (2005) in its 14 years run on England and Wales naming chart. In France, it has been in use since 1994 and peaked in 1998 when it ranked 2367th.
However things change on global perspective, Collins is extremely popular in Kenya where every 1 in 400 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Nigeria, Ghana, Zambia, Uganda, Malawi and Cameroon. As per our research, over 300000 people has been named Collins globally.
Collins in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Collins?
It's hard for you to connect with new people and let them inside your world but you are not a closed person. You are truthful and prefer the cold truth over warm lies. You sleep a lot because it's your way of escaping reality. Number 6 as your soul urge no represents your caring nature. You have a strong will to succeed in life. You could be a poet because of the original way you express yourself.
Go through the following names similar to Collins
- Elenita means Burst of the Sun is chiefly used in Spanish has its origin in Greek and Old Greek is used for girls
- Zinon - Zinon's meaning is Vigorous and Vigorous and Alive is used as a baby boy name is rooted from Slavonic and Old Greek. Zinon is resulted from Ziven.
- Agon - Boy name Agon is used primarily in Albanian and English, meaning of Agon is "Contest or Fight" is originated from Old Greek
- Geronimo - Geronimo's meaning is Sacred Name or Holy Name is mostly used in Spanish, Greek and Italian that originated from Old Greek is a baby boy name
- Alfah - Unisex name Alfah is used especially in Arabic and originated from Old Greek, Alfah means "Guide"
Namesakes of Collins
- Collins E. Ijoma, first Nigerian and youngest person to obtain the position of Trial Court Administrator
- Collins John, Liberian-born Dutch footballer
- Collins Mbesuma, Zambian footballer
- Collins Obuya, Kenyan cricketer and a former ODI captain
- Collins Denny, American clergyman and educator
- Collins J. Seitz, United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Collins Crime Club, imprint of British book publishers William Collins