Dorotheus meaning and origin
Meaning of Dorotheus is Gift of God came from Old Greek used for baby boys is used in Swedish, Greek, English and German. Dorotheus is form of The Greek Name Δωροθεος in Latin language.
Variants of DorotheusNames that rhyme with Dorotheus
Popularity of Dorotheus
Dorotheus is an uncommon name which might be exclusive to Malaysia. As per our findings, over 80 babies have been bestowed Dorotheus around the globe.
Dorotheus in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Dorotheus?
As a lover, you are cold-hearted and distant. Your first instinct about someone as a person is the one you should listen. Your soul is so sensitive that it allows you to feel other people's pain and suffering. You are dominant and leadership comes out naturally for you. You are a peacemaker and always avoid conflicts. No one dares to say bad things about you. Pressure forces you to get things done fast and you like it.
Do you like Dorotheus? Read these names too
- Jorgette has its origin in Old Greek, Jorgette means "Bauer, Earth Worker and Farmer Earthworker" is bestowed upon baby girls. Jorgette is derivative of Georgia.
- Nicholas - Nicholas's meaning is People of Victory or Victory or People is particulary used in Greenlandic and Swedish, a unisex name has origin in Old Greek
- Grégorian - The Grégorian has origin in Greek, Grégorian means "To Watch"
- Theodore - Eternal and Renowned Theodore is used majorly in Danish, French and German, Theodore means "Divine Gift or Gift of God". It is rooted from Old Greek is given to both genders
- Elenor - Illustrous and Enduring Elenors origin is Old Greek and Old Provençal is specifically used in Spanish and English and is used for girls, meaning of Elenor is "Light"
Namesakes of Dorotheus
- Dorotheus of Gaza, Christian monk and abbot
- Dorotheus of Tyre, bishop of Tyre is traditionally credited with an 'Acts' of the Seventy Apostles
- Dorotheus of Athens, was Archbishop of Athens and All Greece