Theodore name meaning
What does Theodore mean?
Commonly used in Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, French, English, Greek, Swedish and German persistent and pleasing, Theodore aimed at both boys and girls. Its origin is in Old Greek, meaning of Theodore is "God's Gift or Divine Gift". Theodore is form of Theodorus in English and French languages.
How do I pronounce Theodore?
You can pronounce the three syllabled name Theodore as thee-oh-dor.
Variants of Theodore
Nicknames for Theodore
If you're looking for a nickname, there is a Plentitude that works with the the baby name Theodore. Some of these are:Names that rhyme with Theodore
How popular is the name Theodore?
a very popular name in United States having over 244395 recievers in 224 years of usage. Currently the name is hotter than ever, it ranked 30th when 7020 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 9 times Also, a popular name in England and Wales having over 13660 recievers in 23 years of usage. Presently peaking at the charts, 1932 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 29th position. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 4 times
In France, Theodore was once a common name since emerging in 1900 it has been given to over 11784 babies. At the peak of its usage in 1901,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 159 years. Also, A common name in New South Wales with over 1128 new-borns have been given the name since 2015. The moniker is on fire on the charts, in 2019, it ranked 17th when 292 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, A common name in Queensland having over 1174 recievers in 7 years of usage. Presently peaking at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 10th spot and 254 baby boys were given the name. Also, Theodore used to be a common name in Western Australia, first appeared in 2019 and over 109 babies have been given the name in 1 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2019,. After 1 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 1 times Also, Theodore is common in Victoria where over 790 new-borns have been given the name since 2014. The moniker is Recently ascending on the charts, in 2019, it ranked 24th when 229 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Theodore is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 100 names. Recently in 2019, 92 babies were given Theodore and it reached its peak ranking, 72 on boy names chart. There are over 382 babies that have been given the name Theodore in Ireland. Theodore is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland, even after 20 years of use, it could not make it big. It also recently appeared in Belgium baby boy names chart.
Theodore is a rare baby name in Western Australia however it is still in use. Over 109 people have been named Theodore in Western Australia. But Theodore is a popular baby name in DR Congo where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in, Cameroon, Benin, Burundi, Rwanda, South Africa, Chad and Ghana. As per our evaluation, over 270000 people has been named Theodore globally.
Theodore in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Theodore
You don't have enemies but people have hurt you in the past because of your openness and naivety. Helping people, protecting nature and animals are your main preoccupation. If you notice someone being superficial, you walk away. When it comes to life goals, you are cautious and always plan precisely your next steps. You are an amazing person. Waking up at the same time every day, five times a week, makes you feel nervous and steals your energy away.
Do you like Theodore? You would love these names
- Petria - Unexpected Old Greek Petria means "The Rock and The Stone" is bestowed upon girls. Petria is resultant of Petra.
- Diego - Lofty and Enduring Diego came from Old Greek and Spanish is particulary used in Swedish and Spanish and is bestowed upon both boys and girls, meaning of Diego is "Holder of the Heel or The Suplanter"
- Delio - Odd boy name Delio is used predominantly in Italian and Spanish which originated from Old Greek, meaning of Delio is "Born on the Island of Delos"
- Sebestyén - Meaning of Sebestyén is From Sebaste came from Old Greek used as a boy name is specifically used in Hungarian
- Gereon came from Old Greek language is used as a baby boy name and is majorly used in Finnish, German and Danish, meaning of Gereon is "Greis or Old Man"
Middle names for Theodore
Possible options for a child named Theodore include these well-received and familiar middle names:
View more middle names that goes with Theodore.
Famous people named Theodore
- Theodore the Studite, Byzantine Greek monk and abbot of the Stoudios Monastery
- Theodore I Laskaris, '}}
- Theodore II Laskaris, pp
- Theodore of Tarsus, was Archbishop of Canterbury from 668 to 690
- Theodore S. Wright, African-American abolitionist and minister
- Theodore Hook, English man of letters and composer and briefly a civil servant
- Theodore Cogswell, American science fiction author
- Theodore of Mopsuestia, from the place of his birth and presbyterate
- Theodore Davie, British Columbia lawyer, politician, and jurist
- Theodore Paul Wright, U.S. aeronautical engineer and educator
- Theodore of Amasea, is one of the two recognized saints called Theodore
- Theodore Austin-Sparks, often known as "Mr
- Theodore Enslin, American poet associated with Cid Corman's 'Origin' and press
- Theodore Watts-Dunton, English critic and poet
- Theodore Tinsley, American author
- Theodore Shackley, Theodore George "Ted" Shackley, Jr
- Theodore Zeldin, Oxford scholar and thinker whose books have searched for answers to three questions
- Theodore Menline Bernstein, assistant managing editor of 'The New York Times' and
- Theodore Thomas, German-American violinist, conductor
- Theodore Gill, American ichthyologist, mammalogist
- Theodore I, was Marquess of Montferrat
- Theodore Bibliander, Swiss orientalist, publisher
- Theodore Just, British athlete
- Theodore Svetoslav of Bulgaria, ruled as emperor of Bulgaria from 1300 to 1322
- Theodore Fawcett, early settler in colonial Western Australia
- Theodore Streleski, American former graduate student
- Theodore Ziolkowski, scholar
- Theodore Augustine Mann, English naturalist and historian
- Theodore II, was Exarch of Ravenna
- Theodore Wolfner, Hungarian deputy
- Theodore William Dwight, American jurist and educator, cousin of Theodore Dwight Woolsey and of Timothy Dwight V
- Theodore II Palaiologos, was Despot in the Morea from 1407 to 1443 and
- Theodore I Palaiologos, was despot in the Morea
- Theodore J. St. Antoine, Theodore J. St
- Theodore Kisiel, well-known translator of and commentator on the works of Martin Heidegger
- Theodore N. Haller, prominent American businessman, attorney, writer
- Theodore Tilton, American newspaper editor, poet and abolitionist
- Theodore Pratt, American writer
- Theodore Edward Cantor, Danish physician, zoologist and botanist
- Theodore J. Lowi, American political scientist
- Theodore Beza, French Reformed Protestant theologian
- Theodore von Kármán, Hungarian-American mathematician
- Theodore Harold Maiman, American engineer and physicist
- Theodore Lyman, U.S. physicist and spectroscopist, born in Boston
- Theodore Edgar McCarrick, retired American prelate of the Catholic Church and a former cardinal
- Theodore William Richards, first American scientist to receive the Nobel Prize
- Theodore B. Lyman, fourth Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of North Carolina
- Theodore Freeman, American aeronautical engineer
- Theodore Modis, strategic business analyst, futurist, physicist
- Theodore Puck, American geneticist born in Chicago, Illinois
- Theodore Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt Jr
- Theodore Sturgeon, American writer, primarily of fantasy
- Theodore Judah,
- Theodore Dreiser, American novelist and journalist of the naturalist school
- Theodore Olson, American lawyer, practicing at the Washington
- Theodore Metochites, Byzantine statesman, author, gentleman philosopher
- Theodore Roethke, American poet
- Theodore Hall, American physicist and an atomic spy for the Soviet Union, who, during his work on US efforts to develop the first and second atomic bombs during World War II
- Theodore G. Bilbo, American politician
- Theodore Christianson, American politician
Lists having Theodore
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with T
- Girls names beginning with T
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in France (1916)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Gift
- Baby Names that mean Divine