Findlay name meaning
On This Page
What does Findlay mean?
Creative and adventurous and Contemporary Old Irish and Celtic Findlay bestowed upon both boys and girls, meaning of Findlay is "White Warrior" is primarily used in Scottish and English. Findlay is equivalent of Finlay in Scottish and English languages.
Also Findlay is English equivalent of Fionnlagh.
How does Findlay feel as a baby name?
As a baby boy name, Findlay carries a sense of strength and bravery. Its Irish origins translate to "fair-haired courageous one," highlighting the child's potential for courage and determination.
The name Findlay also feels unique yet classic, giving it a timeless quality that will suit the child throughout their life. Its association with Irish heritage adds to its charm, making it an excellent choice for parents who value tradition and cultural meaning in their baby names.
Overall, Findlay is a warm and inviting name that exudes confidence and character, making it a great pick for any little boy.
How do I pronounce Findlay?
Three syllabled Findlay is pronounced as f(i)-nd-lay. The other ways to say the name is fin-dlay.
Variants of FindlayNames that rhyme with Findlay
How popular is the name Findlay?
Findlay is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 2005, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 512 on boy names chart when 60 babies were named Findlay.
Over 658 babies in England and Wales have been named Findlay. The name is an uncommon baby name in United States where it has been in use since 2003 and peaked in 2016 when it ranked 4069th.
Over 214 babies in United States have been named Findlay.
Also, Findlay is a familiar name in Scotland and England. According to our findings, over 800 babies have been named Findlay globally.
Numerological aspects of Findlay
You are a passionate lover but take people for granted. You don't think twice before making a decision. If number 1 is your soul urge no, it means you should be more independent. You have the ability to see inside people's soul and find out what they want. Your decision to keep fighting for things even when they're falling apart sometimes ruins self-confidence. You like to insult people in order to awaken their motivation and practically ‘force' them to prove they can do something.
Parents who liked Findlay, loved these names
- Donna - Eminent and Perennial unisex name Donna is used in Icelandic and Norwegian, meaning of Donna is "Mistress of the House or Woman" came from Latin, Celtic and Italian
- Albertas is Lithuanian form of Albert
- Karnea - Of Celtic origin, Karnea means "Warlike" is given to boys. Karnea is derivation of Kearney.
- Cayla - Noteworthy Cayla specifically is used in English, meaning of Cayla is "Descendant of Caollaidhe", rooted from Old Greek and Hebrew is given to girls
- Enid - Renowned and Perpetual Enid is originated from Welsh and Old Welsh languages is used as a gender insensitive name and is substantially used in Swedish, Danish and English, Enid means "Purity or Small Fire"
Sibling Names for Findlay
Looking for sibling names that complement the uniqueness and charm of Findlay? Here are some wonderful name options that you may want to consider for your little one's siblings. From classic choices to trendy ones, this list has something for everyone. Choose a name that resonates with your style and personality, and create the perfect combination of sibling names.
Names for Findlay's sister
Brother for Findlay
Famous people named Findlay
- Findlay S. Douglas, Scottish amateur golfer
- Findlay George MacDiarmid, Ontario farmer and political figure
- Findlay Bunting is known for directing movie Se7en
Lists having Findlay
- Boys names beginning with F
- Girls names beginning with F
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Scottish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean White
- Baby Names that mean Warrior