Gibson name meaning
On This Page
What does Gibson mean?
Gibson means Son of Gilbert or Happiness is particulary used in Hindi, Oriya, Malayalam, Bengali, Telugu, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil, Marathi and English and is given to both genders has origin in Old English.
How is Gibson regarded as a baby name?
Gibson is a charming baby boy name with a British origin that means "Son of Gilbert." This unique name is perfect for parents who are looking for a trendy alternative to traditional boy names.
One of the specialities of Gibson is its simplicity, making it easy to pronounce and spell. Additionally, Gibson is a great choice for parents who want a name that is not too common but still has a classic feel to it.
How do I pronounce Gibson?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Gibson is gi(b)-son.
Variants of Gibson
How popular is the name Gibson?
In United States, Gibson was once a common name since emerging in 1882 it has been given to over 4644 babies. When at its peak in 1882,. However after 126 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong.
Gibson is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales still in use today. It also recently appeared in France baby boy names chart. But Gibson is a popular baby name in Zimbabwe where every 1 in 1000 have the name as well as in, Zambia, Kenya, Malawi, Papua New Guinea and Tanzania.
At least, 70000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Gibson in Nordic countries
What numbers say about Gibson?
Not everyone will be there to help you when you need a hand, just like you are there for everyone. Live a life to remember. Otherwise, you will definitely regret the opportunities you missed when you get older. You attract wealth and successful people with your charisma. Even if you help people fight their battles, you prefer to fight yours on your own. You would be perfect in the film industry, music industry, writing columns for an influential paper or website or work in a shelter for homeless people or animals.
Parents who liked Gibson, loved these names
- Commodore - Meaning of Commodore is Commodore is a baby boy name
- Koa means A Fearless Man aimed at both genders is originated from Hawaiian
- Ailani - Ailani's meaning is Chief is a girl name
- Anibal - Widely Accepted unisex name Anibal means "Thanks to the God Baal or Grace of Baal". Its origin is in Phoenician is commonly used in Spanish and Portuguese
- Toshio means Year Boy is bestowed upon boys
Sibling Names for Gibson
If you're looking for the perfect sibling name to go with your little one named Gibson, look no further. We've compiled a list of 10 great names that complement Gibson's unique and cool vibe. Whether you want something classic, modern, or trendy, there's a name on this list to suit every taste. So without further ado, here are our top picks for sibling names for Gibson.
For a sister
Brother to Gibson
Famous people named Gibson
- Gibson Kente, South African playwright, composer
- Gibson Sibanda, Zimbabwean politician and trade unionist
- Gibson Gowland, English film actor
- Gibson Brothers, France-based musical group
- Gibson Mashingaidze, serving army general and head of Zimbabwean sports
- Gibson Atherton, U.S. Representative from Ohio
- Gibson Alba Gibson Alberto Alba Rosado is a former Dominican pitcher who played in the Major League Baseball for the St. Louis Cardinals in 1988. He appeared in three relay games, releasing 3.1 career innings.
- Writer Gibson Fox, famous for TV series The Lone Ranger
Lists having Gibson
- Boys names beginning with G
- Girls names beginning with G
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Boy names that ends with -son
- Baby Names that mean Son
- Baby Names that mean Happiness