Hannibal name meaning
What does Hannibal mean?
Noteworthy and Venerable boy name Hannibal is rooted from Phoenician, substantially used in English, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, German, Swedish and Icelandic languages, meaning of Hannibal is "Grace of God Baal or Grace of Bal Or Gracious Gift from Bal".
How do I pronounce Hannibal?
ha-nni-bal is the most common way to pronounce three syllabled Hannibal. The other ways to say the name is han-ih-bal.
Variants of HannibalNames that rhyme with Hannibal
How popular is the name Hannibal?
Hannibal is an uncommon baby name in United States, although it has been in use since 1885 but could not make beyond the top 1000. Over 712 people have been named Hannibal in United States. Hannibal is a rare baby name in France where it is still in use. Also, Hannibal is a familiar name in Philippines. According to our estimate, at least 1000 people have been bestowed Hannibal around the globe.
Hannibal in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Hannibal
You are an ambitious person, who's driven by success and high aspirations. Sometimes, you are self-doubtful. Other times, your self-confidence is high. Focus on your dreams and create the life you always imagined for yourself. You want to help others and leave an impression. You should learn to live in the moment. Planning is what keeps your mind in shape. Waking up at the same time every day, five times a week, makes you feel nervous and steals your energy away.
Do you like Hannibal? Other names you would love
- Werna - Dominantly used in Norwegian and Danish, Werna is rooted from Old High German, meaning of Werna is "Warn" is used as a gender-neutral name
- Wagner - Used mostly in Danish and Finnish far-out, Wagner means "Wagon Maker or Cartwright" and is given to baby boys has its origin in Germanic
- Dorit - Odd girl name Dorit is specifically used in English and Swedish which is rooted from Hebrew and Old Greek, meaning of Dorit is "Gift of God or Gift"
- Hedda - The queer unisex name Hedda means "Fight, Battle or War" and rooted from Germanic and Old High German languages is used in German, English and Scandinavian
- Neri - Meaning of Neri is Beautiful is a gender insensitive name has its roots in Hebrew is used in Norwegian, Finnish and Danish
Famous people named Hannibal
- Hannibal Gisco, Carthaginian military commander
- Hannibal Sehested, Dano-Norwegian statesman and son-in-law of King Christian IV
- Hannibal Sehested, was Danish Council President
- Hannibal Valdimarsson, politician from Iceland
- Hannibal Mago, grandson of Hamilcar Mago
- Hannibal Hamlin, American attorney and politician
- Hannibal Lafayette Godwin, Democratic U.S. Congressman
- Hannibal Goodwin, patented a method for making transparent
- Hannibal Kimball, American entrepreneur and important businessman
- Hannibal Navies, former American football player in the NFL
- Hannibal Lokumbe, American jazz trumpeter and composer
- Hannibal Price, Haitian diplomat and politician
- Hannibal Hawkins Macarthur, Australian colonist, politician
- Hannibal, general of the Phoenician state of Ancient Carthage
- Hannibal Harbo Rasmussen in Koncert ved Christiansborg as Actor
- Hannibal Buress in Neighbors as Actor
Lists having Hannibal
- Boy names beginning with H
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- German Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Grace
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean Gift