Achilles meaning and origin
Popular boy name Achilles is of Old Greek, Latinized, German and English origin, specifically used in Hindi, Swedish, Finnish, Greek, Danish, Norwegian and German languages, meaning of Achilles is "Pain, Lipless, Without and Kheilea = Lips or Pain, Distress". It is celebrated on May 12th.
Variants of Achilles
View middle names that goes with Achilles like Linkin, Lemuel, Jeen,Names that rhyme with Achilles
Popularity of Achilles
A common name in United States with over 2570 new-borns have been given the name since 1912. Recently peaking at the charts, it ranked 857th when 254 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Achilles is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, in use since 2006, peaked in 2017 when it ranked 2512nd. Also, it is uncommon in France, where it has been in use since 1900 and peaked in 1903 when it ranked 415th. In Belgium, it has been in use since 2000 and peaked in 2016 when it ranked 636th. Over 125 people have been named Achilles in Belgium.
Achilles is a common name in Brazil and Philippines while somewhat familiar name in Uganda, Bangladesh, Ghana, Greece, Saudi Arabia and DR Congo. At least, 5000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Achilles in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Achilles?
When it comes to your career, you are fully dedicated to your job and like to get things done as soon as possible, so you can relax later. You have a restless spirit and booming energy. You easily adapt to new environments and want to hang around with new people. You are a person of many talents but prefer to play on the safe side when it comes to earning profits. You need to open up and allow your closest ones to enter your real world.
If you like Achilles, you would love these names
- Auxane - Meaning of Auxane is Hospitable is originated from Greek
- Kristoffer - Darling Kristoffer mostly is used in Swedish, Danish and Norwegian aimed at baby boys, meaning of Kristoffer is "Christ Carrier or Carrying Christ" has its origin in Old Greek
- Steffi - Substantially used in Swedish, Danish and Norwegian unexpected, Steffi has origin in Old Greek, a girl name, meaning of Steffi is "Crowning or Crown"
- Catherine - Prominent and Ceaseless Catherine is originated from Old Greek is used specifically in Kannada and English, Catherine means "Pure, Innocent or Torture" is given to both genders
- Katrijn - Prevalently used in Dutch, Katrijn is used as a baby girl name that came from Old Greek, meaning of Katrijn is "The Pure"
Namesakes of Achilles
- Achilles Tatius, Roman era Greek writer of the 2nd century whose fame is attached to his only surviving work
- Achilles Rizzoli, anonymous during his lifetime
- Achilles Gasser, German physician and astrologer
- Achilles Frydman, Polish chess player
- Achilles Statius, Portuguese humanist and writer, since 1555 living
- Achilles Daunt, noted Irish preacher and homilist
- Achilles Alferaki, Russian composer and statesman of Greek descent
- Achilles Painter, vase-painter active ca