Ia meaning and origin
The uncommon girl name Ia is mainly used in Danish, Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian languages, Ia means "Violet Flowers or Variant of names ending with -ia/-iia/-ija/-ya". Ia is variant form of Irja. Irja is form of Irina in Finnish and Russian languages. Also Irja is Finnish equivalent of Georgius.
Variants of IaNames that rhyme with Ia
Popularity of Ia
Ia is an uncommon baby name in United States where it had been in use since 1980 and achieved its top ranking of 6208 in 1983. Over 144 babies in United States have been named Ia. But Ia is a popular baby name in Georgia where every 1 in 400 have the name. At least, 10000 people globally have carried Ia as their given name according to our findings.
Numerological analysis of Ia
You are an inspirational person who respects the rules and social restrictions. You know you have the power and will to accomplish whatever you imagine on your own. You have big plans for yourself and your future. You are a guardian angel for life for those loyal to you. Focus on spirituality and leave out the material success. You are bold and gutsy, and this affects your personality. You don't care about how others see you as long as you are feeling good about yourself.
Go through the following names similar to Ia
- Jakup - Substantially used in Norwegian, Finnish and Danish, Jakup is used for boys. Jakup is Danish form of Jákup
- Åsa - Majorly used in Norwegian and Finnish, Åsa means "Ase or Deity" and is bestowed upon baby girls has origin in Old Norse
- Stian - Unconventional boy name Stian means "Stígandr" which is commonly used in Norwegian, Swedish and Danish has origin in Old Norse
- Beatris - Persistent and Noteworthy Beatriss origin is Latin is commonly used in Norwegian, Swedish and Danish is a baby girl name. Beatris is Armenian equivalent of Beatrice. Also Beatris is English form of Beatrix
- Norna - Odd girl name Norna is commonly used in Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish. Its origin is in Old Norse and Scandinavian, meaning of Norna is "To Whisper Something to Someone"
Namesakes of Ia
- Ia of Cornwall, evangelist and martyr of the 5th or 6th centuries
- Ia Clua in movie Palace as Composer
- Ia Khobua portrayed crucial role of N in 1977 drama movie Dabruneba.
- Ia Ninidze portrayed the central role of Denise de Flavigny and Nitouche in 1976 comedy and drama film Nebesnye lastochki.
- In 2014 comedy flick, Taxi, Ia Parulava played N.