Icarus name meaning
On This Page
What does Icarus mean?
Recent and Unwonted Icarus is used in Latin and English, Icarus means "He Follows" and rooted from Old Greek is used as a boy name.
Is Icarus a suitable baby name?
Icarus is a unique and distinctive name for a baby boy that has its roots in Greek mythology. This name is associated with the legendary figure who tried to escape the island of Crete by flying too close to the sun with wings made of feathers and wax.
Icarus has an ethereal quality to it, which makes it quite appealing for parents who are looking for a name that stands out from the crowd. It has an air of adventure, risk-taking, and courage that can inspire one's child as they grow.
The sound of Icarus rolls off the tongue quite elegantly, making it easy to pronounce and spell. Overall, Icarus is an excellent choice for parents who want their son's name to be captivating and meaningful.
How do I pronounce Icarus?
The most common way to pronounce three syllabled Icarus is i-ca-rus.
Variants of IcarusNames that rhyme with Icarus
How popular is the name Icarus?
Icarus is an uncommon baby name in United States still in use today. At least, 100 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Numerological analysis of Icarus
You are a lone wolf who can survive on his own because of his skills, highly developed sense of intuition, and the ability to provide for himself. You are intelligent and independent. You love your family but never show it. Focus on inner peace, balance, harmony, helping those in need, kindness, and love. Others see you as perfect, so start acting so. You are not superficial and there's nothing that you can't handle if you are in a temper enough.
Looking for a name like Icarus? Please go through the following names
- Sylvain - Origin of Unorthodox Sylvain is in English and French is used in French used as a baby boy name, meaning of Sylvain is "Wood or Forest"
- Chrysline - Chrysline's meaning is Disciple of Christ is originated from Latin
- Modeste - Predominantly used in French oldie and unheard-of, Modeste aimed at both boys and girls which of Latin origin, meaning of Modeste is "Moderation or Modest"
- Marie-Claude - Girl name Marie-Claude means "Princess of the Sea" has its origin in Latin and Hebrew languages
- Nickie - Unusual Nickie is used majorly in Finnish, Swedish and English, Nickie means "Victory or People, Abbreviation of Nicole or Victory of the People", a gender insensitive name is of Latin, Old Greek and Greek origin
Sibling Names for Icarus
Looking for the perfect sibling name to complement your baby named Icarus? Look no further! We've compiled a list of unique and fitting names that will perfectly match the mythological moniker. From classic choices to more modern options, there's something for everyone on this list. Get ready to find your new favorite name.
Names for Icarus's sister
Names for Icarus's brother
Famous people named Icarus
- Icarus Witch, heavy metal band