Ilias name meaning
What does Ilias mean?
Meaning of Ilias is The Lord is My God, My God is Yahweh, God is My Salvation or A Prophets Name used for baby boys has its origin in Hebrew and English is used mostly in Norwegian, Danish, Arabic, Swedish, Greek and Finnish. Ilias is variant form of biblical and eminent Elijah. Elijah is English form of Elias. Meaning of Elijah is Smart and My God is Yahweh came from Hebrew. Ilias is a variant form of celebrated and perennial Ellis. Ellis is form of all time favorite, prominent and biblical Elias. Also Ellis is a variant form of evergreen and biblical Elijah. Ellis is also a variant form of Elisud. Ellis is also variant of popular, persistent and biblical Elisa. Ellis is also variation of illustrous and biblical Elis. Ellis is abridged form of Elizabeth. Ellis is English cognate of Alice. Also Ellis is Nordic equivalent of Alice. Prevalent Ellis is originated from English, Hebrew and Welsh, Ellis means "The Lord is My God and Eliane". Also Ilias is Latin and Greek cognate of Elia.
How do I pronounce Ilias?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Ilias is i-lias.
Variants of Ilias
Eliyahu, Iliyas, Elijah, Ellis, Elias, Eelis, Eliot, Elian, Elijahjames, Elisa, Elis, Alice, Eli, Elia, Eliah
View middle names that goes with Ilias like Plas, Armon, Luel,Names that rhyme with Ilias
How popular is the name Ilias?
In France, Ilias was once a common name since emerging in 1975 it has been given to over 3331 babies. At its zenith in 2003,. After 41 years, the name has past its prime. Also, In Belgium, Ilias was once a common name since emerging in 1995 it has been given to over 2778 babies. When at its peak in 2005,. However after 24 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Ilias is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1979 and was able to reach the top 3000 names. Recently in 2018, it ranked 2337th when 56 boy were named Ilias. Over 704 people have been named Ilias in United States.
Ilias is a unique baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 2014, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 295 on boy names chart when 28 babies were named Ilias. There are over 288 babies that have been given the name Ilias in Switzerland. Also, in Netherlands, in just 2 years, it has made it to the top 400 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 321 on boy names chart when 50 babies were named Ilias.
Ilias is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 22 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 216 people have been named Ilias in England and Wales. Ilias is a rare baby name in Ireland there is very thin chances of it still being given. And also in Netherlands. But Ilias is a popular baby name in Greece where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in, Morocco and Bangladesh. According to our findings, at least 100000 people have been bestowed Ilias around the globe.
Ilias in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Ilias?
Focus on inner peace, balance, harmony, helping those in need, kindness, and love. The sky is your only limit when it comes to goals. You appreciate your time enough not to spend it on doing things you don't want and stupid people. You don't have time for people who don't have time for themselves. When it comes to giving an honest advice, you can be hard. Although you can't stand in one place for too long, if something catches your attention, you are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done perfectly.
Looking for names similar to Ilias? Please go through the following names
- Ines - Predominant and Venerable unisex name Ines is originated from Old Greek, used dominantly in English and German languages, meaning of Ines is "The Pure, Partner or The Chaste"
- Hani - Meaning of Hani is Pleasant or Droplet is rooted from Quran and Arabic predominantly used in Bengali, Marathi and Malayalam is bestowed upon both sexes
- Muriel - Used largely in Swedish, Norwegian and German long standing and trendy, Muriel is of Hebrew and Celtic origin, Muriel means "Angel of June, Princess of the Sea or Bright Sea" is a gender-neutral name . Eminent name Muriel captured 494th position on baby girl names chart in 1953 in United States
- Saloua - Girl name Saloua means "Peace" is used substantially in English and Arabic
- Humaira - Meaning of Humaira is Little Reddish or From the Arabic Name Meaning Reddish is used as a baby girl name has its roots in Arabic and Asian is dominantly used in Arabic and Sindhi
Sibling Names for Ilias
If you have chosen the name Ilias for your baby boy, you may be looking for sibling names that complement this beautiful and unique choice. Here are some suggestions to help you find the perfect match for Ilias.
Names for Ilias's sister
Brother for Ilias
Famous people named Ilias
- Ilias Kyriazis, comic book writer and artist
- Ilias Tsirimokos, Greek politician
- Ilias Degiannis, Greek navy officer Resistance leader during the Axis occupation of Greece
- Ilias Polatidis, Greek politician
- Ilias Kyriakidis, Greek football player
- Ilias Kotsios, retired Greek footballer
- Ilias Iliadis, Georgian-born Greek judoka
- Ilias Webb in The Stolen as Actor
- Ilias Marmaras in movie A Place in the Sun as Actor
- Ilias Kanchan, from 1989 drama and fantasy flick Beder Meye Josna, who characterized Shahjada Anwar.
- In 1980, Ilias Logothetis played the role of Thodoros in comedy, drama film Thanasi, sfixe ki allo to zonari.
- Ilias Mahairas played the leading character of Tonis in 1958 drama, romance flick Mia xeni perase.
- In 1958, Ilias Stamatiou portrayed the role of Tonis in comedy, romance film Haroumenoi alites.
- Ilias Aletras portrayed central role of N in 2003 drama, romance flick Kokkini Pempti.
- Ilias Roumbos characterized minor character of N in 1962 adventure and drama film Anastasa.
Lists having Ilias
- Biblical Boy Names
- Boy names beginning with I
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Hebrew Boy Names
- Arabic Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Greek Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2009)
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Salvation
- Baby Names that mean Prophets