Kurtis name meaning
On This Page
What does Kurtis mean?
Popular unisex name Kurtis is rooted from Old French primarily used in English language, meaning of Kurtis is "Polite, Courteous or Courtly". Kurtis is variant form of acclaimed and ceaseless Curtis. Primarily used in German and English famed, Curtis is originated from English and Old French, meaning of Curtis is "The Words Curt Meaning Short and Polite".
How do I pronounce Kurtis?
The two syllabled name Kurtis is commonly pronounced as k(u)-rtis. kur-tis is another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of KurtisNames that rhyme with Kurtis
How popular is the name Kurtis?
Kurtis was a popular name in United States. Over 17837 babies have been named Kurtis since 1934. At the peak of its usage in 1987, 624 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 334th position.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 86 years. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 27 times Kurtis was a common name in England and Wales.
Over 1635 babies have been named Kurtis since 1996. At its zenith in 1996,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Kurtis is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1990 and was able to reach the top 1000 names.
In 2011, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 943 on boy names chart when 45 babies were named Kurtis. Over 627 people have been named Kurtis in France. Kurtis is an uncommon baby name in Ireland still in use today.
Kurtis is a common name in Canada while somewhat familiar name in England and Ghana. According to our estimate, at least 20000 people have been bestowed Kurtis around the globe.
Numerological aspects of Kurtis
Not having all the things you wanted in life has taught you how to appreciate what you have today. Everyone with a soul urge number 2 fall in love with the speed of light. Give yourself some personal space to think. Everyone loves you for your positivity and the way you talk. You don't have time for people who don't have time for themselves. Nothing can stop them from achieving what they intended.
If you like Kurtis, you would love these names
- Tate - Admired Tates origin is American and Old Norse, meaning of Tate is "Brings Joy, Pleasant or Bright or Light Hearted" and is notably used in Old SwedishDanish, Swedish and English is used as a gender insensitive name . On the list of baby boy names, admired Tate captured 495th position in 2018 in United States
- Valarie - Valarie's meaning is Healthy Strong, The Strong and The Word Valere Which is of the Meaning Be Healthy Be Strong is of Latin origin and a baby girl name is commonly used in English. Valarie is resultant of Valeria.
- Inga - Celebrated and Perpetual Ingas origin is Old Norse and Old High German aimed at both boys and girls, used in German and Norwegian, Inga means "He who is Foremost, God of Fertility or Peace or Powerful"
- Matias means Gift of Yahweh or Gift of God mainly used for boys. Its origin is in English and Portuguese is largely used in English and Danish
- Ingrid - Acclaimed and All time favorite Ingrid came from German and Old Norse languages is used as a gender-neutral name and is majorly used in Danish and Swedish, meaning of Ingrid is "Inge, Fair or Composition"
Famous people named Kurtis
- Kurtis Froedtert, American industrialist and benefactor
- Kurtis Blow, American rapper, singer, songwriter, record/film producer
- Kurtis Mantronik, is Jamaican-born hip hop and electronic-music artist
- Kurtis Foster, Canadian ice hockey coach and a former professional ice hockey defenceman
- Kurtis Roberts, motorcycle road racer, born on 17 November 1978
Lists having Kurtis
- Boys names beginning with K
- Girls names beginning with K
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Polite
- Baby Names that mean Courteous