Ara name meaning
On This Page
What does Ara mean?
Unfading and Darling Ara specifically is used in Danish, Hindi, Norwegian, Icelandic, Tamil, Arabic, Sanskrit, Swedish, Finnish and English, meaning of Ara is "Swift, Speedy, Ornament, Decoration, Brings Rain, Embellishing, Adorning, Decorative, Answered Prayer or To Pray for" bestowed upon both genders came from Latin and Armenian.
Ara is feminine variant of Ari. Ari is variation of darling, long standing and biblical Aaron. Ari is diminutive of Adrian. Also Ari is abridged form of Arel. Ari is also a shortened form of Ariel.
Ari is also abridged form of Arindam. Ari is also short version of Aristides. Ari is also short version of Aristo. Ari is also abridged form of Aristotle. Ari is Old Norse form of Combinations with Arn.
Also Ari is Finnish cognate of Aron. Originated from Old Norse and Hebrew, Well-Known and Ceaseless Ari, Ari means "Brave, From Adria and Lion of God".
How do I pronounce Ara?
a-ra is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Ara.
Variants of AraNames that rhyme with Ara
How popular is the name Ara?
Ara is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 1884, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 479 on girl names chart when 62 babies were given the name Ara.
There are over 4346 babies that have been given the name Ara in United States. Ara is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 2003 but could not make beyond the top 3000.
Over 108 babies in England and Wales have been named Ara.
But Ara is a popular baby name in India where every 1 in 40000 have the name as well as in, Indonesia, Armenia and Bangladesh.
As per our evaluation, over 80000 babies have been bestowed Ara around the globe.
Ara in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Ara?
You keep your promises and people trust you for that. You are an adventurer who follows his intuition. If you have the letter A as your cornerstone, you are a born leader who likes to have control over everything. Your heart already knows what you should focus on. You change your mind quickly and fall in love with people who are your total opposite. It's time you set up a positive mind-set, open up to new adventures and explore the world.
You would love these names similar to Ara
- Laurette - Origin of Frequently Used and Enduring Laurette is in Spanish and Latin is particulary used in Danish and Swedish, meaning of Laurette is "Laurel Wreath or Laurel" is aimed at girls
- Fantasea came from Latin, meaning of Fantasea is "Fantasy" is given to baby girls. Fantasea is resulted from Fantasia.
- Lauryn - The widespread unisex name Lauryn means "From Laurentum or Laurel Plant". Its origin is in Latin is used substantially in English
- Martinek - Celebrated and Conifer Martinek came from Latin is a baby boy name is used in Czech. Martinek is Czech equivalent of Martin
- Fides - Meaning of Fides is Faith or Reliable is used especially in Danish and Swedish used for baby girls is originated from Latin and Greek
Sibling Names for Ara
If you're looking for sibling names that complement your little one's name, Ara, we've got you covered! Below is a diverse list of names with unique meanings and origins that could be the perfect fit for your growing family. From traditional to modern, there's something here for everyone.
Names for Ara's sister
For a brother
Famous people named Ara
- Ara Baliozian, Armenian author, translator, and critic
- Ara Malikian, Lebanese-born Spanish violinist of Armenian descent
- Ara Abramyan, prominent philanthropist, social activist
- Ara Darzi, Baron Darzi of Denham, Armenian-British doctor and Labour politician
- Ara Parseghian, American football player and coach
- Ara Berberian, American bass and actor
- Ara Güler, Armenian-Turkish photojournalist
- Ara Abrahamian, Armenian-Swedish wrestler in Greco-Roman wrestling
- Ara Babajian, American drummer
- Ara Hakobyan, retired Armenian football player
- Ara Khachatryan, Armenian weightlifter
- Ara Celi, American actress active
- Ara Sarafian, British historian of Armenian origin
- Ara Mina, Filipina actress, singer, endorser
- In 1980 drama movie, Yot sarits ayn koghm, Ara Manukyan portrayed Surik.
Lists having Ara
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Armenian Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Ara
- Baby Names that mean Swift
- Baby Names that mean Ornament
- Baby Names that mean Rain
- Baby Names that mean Prayer