Inga meaning and origin
Meaning of Inga is God of Peace and Prosperity, Beautiful, Ingeborg or Powerful used for both boys and girls and is used in Danish, Russian, German, Norwegian, Greenlandic, Swedish, Old Norse, Polish, Icelandic, English, Nordic, Faroese, Old DanishOld SwedishFinnish and Scandinavian has its origin in Old Norse and Old High German. Inga is a form of prevalent Inge. Inge is version of desirable and ceaseless Inga. Inge is short version of IngeborgIngeborg. Inge is equivalent of Inga in German language. Also Inge is form of Ingi in Swedish language. Meaning of Inge is He who is Foremost and Under the Protection of the God Ing has its origin in Old High German and Old Norse. Inga is a shortened form of Ingrid. Ingrid is a form of Ingríðr. Renowned and Venerable Ingrid is originated from German and Old Norse, Ingrid means "Fair, Composition and Meadow". Inga is short form of Ingeborg. Ingeborg is variant form of Ingiborg. Ingeborg's meaning is Under the Protection of the God Ing and Composition has its origin in Old Norse and Old High German.
Variants of IngaNames that rhyme with Inga
Popularity of Inga
In United States, Inga was once a common name since emerging in 1880 it has been given to over 4015 babies. When at its peak in 1889,. However after 139 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to Inga is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, its highest ever rank is 1961 (2015) in its 16 years run on England and Wales naming chart. Over 119 babies in England and Wales have been named Inga. Also, it appeared first time in 1979 on baby girl names list of France.
But Inga is a popular baby name in Russia where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in, Sweden, Germany, Georgia, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Belarus and Denmark. At least, 200000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Inga in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Inga?
When it comes to love, you are the jealous partner with a low self-confidence. If you can buy it with money, it means it's cheap. Instead of letting your past pull you back, travel to your future and focus on making plans on how to realize your goals. You only need the right ones to be content in life. And you are right. Quit whatever's making you unhappy and disturb the balance in your life, so you can feel alive.
Do you like Inga? Other names you would love
- Nikki - Dominant and Mainstream Hot Nikki is originated from English-American and Old Greek is used in Oriya and Kannada used as a unisex name, Nikki means "Small or Nebula". On baby girl names chart, customary Nikki managed to reach 482 in year 1998 in United States
- Merton - Trendy and Quaint boy name Merton is primarily used in English, Merton means "Lakeside Settlement or From the Town by the Lake" is originated from Old English
- Mahlon - Outstanding and Ever lasting unisex name Mahlon means "Mild" that of Hebrew origin is especially used in English
- Kaleb - Famous unisex name Kaleb is originated from Hebrew and is used in German, Danish and Icelandic languages, Kaleb means "Loyalty or Dog"
- Anissa - Well-Known unisex name Anissa is especially used in Arabic and Danish that of Arabic, Old Greek and Greek origin, meaning of Anissa is "Pure or Polite"
Namesakes of Inga
- Inga Abitova, Russian long-distance runner,
- Inga Kožarenoka, female javelin thrower from Latvia
- Inga Lovise Tusvik, Norwegian politician for the Liberal Party and later the Liberal People's Party which split
- Inga Clendinnen, Australian author, historian, anthropologist
- Inga Artamonova, Soviet speed skater
- Inga Swenson, American actress
- Inga Muscio, American feminist, writer and public speaker
- Inga Peulich, Australian politician
- Inga Arvad, Danish journalist, later a U.S. citizen
- Inga Marte Thorkildsen, Norwegian politician for the Socialist Left Party
- Inga Abel, German actress
- Inga Gentzel, Swedish runner
- Inga Korshunova, Russian former pair skater
- Inga Skaya, Russian-Canadian model and beauty pageant titleholder
- Inga Tidblad, Swedish actress
- Inga Landgré, Swedish actress who has worked in theatre
- Inga Gill, Swedish film actress
- Inga Åberg, Swedish actress and opera singer
- Inga Busch in Palermo Shooting as Actress
- Inga Ålenius in Fanny och Alexander as Actress
- Inga Drozdova in Playboy: Playmate Profile Video Collection Featuring Miss November 1997, 1994, 1991, 1988 as
- Inga Alexandrova is noted for her acting in movie Maldoror
- Inga Humpe played the critical role of N in 1981 drama flick Etwas wird sichtbar.
- In 1992, Inga Ilm portrayed the role of Olga in flick Lestnitsa sveta.
- Inga Schultz portrayed significant character of Sofie in 1943 comedy flick Ebberød Bank.
- In 1971, Inga Seyric played the role of Samantha in comedy movie Birdie.
- Inga Sørensen characterized pivotal character of N in 1969 movie Nackter Norden.
- In 1974 drama movie, Drifter, Inga Maria played Karen.
- Inga Dietrich, from 2017 drama flick Weather House, who played Audrey.
- In 1969, Inga Daar played the role of N in crime, drama movie The Girl from Pussycat.
- Inga Jankauskaite portrayed the vital character of Lika in 2010 comedy, thriller movie Zero 2.
- Inga Salurand, from 2008 biography and comedy flick Taarka, who portrayed Young Taarka.
- In 2008, Inga Draper portrayed the role of Tiffany in horror flick Die Cheerleader Die.
- In 2012, Inga Alsina portrayed the role of Elvira Baumane in comedy and drama flick Sapnu komanda 1935.
Lists having Inga
- Boys names beginning with I
- Girls names beginning with I
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Polish Baby Names
- Russian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular Girl Names in Norway (1896)
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Fertility
- Baby Names that mean Peace
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Foremost
- Baby Names that mean Prosperity
- Baby Names that mean Powerful