Tate name meaning
On This Page
What does Tate mean?
Tate's meaning is To be Cheerful, Great, Measure of Land, Light Hearted, Pleasant and Bright or Brings Joy is used chiefly in Finnish, Swedish, Old SwedishDanish and English bestowed upon both boys and girls is originated from Old Norse, Native and American.
Tate is form of Taito in Finnish language.
Is Tate suitable to use as a baby name?
Tate is an increasingly popular name for babies, particularly in the English speaking world. It is a gender neutral name that can also be spelled Tait, Tayte or Taiten.
Tate is derived from Old English and has multiple meanings, such as cheerful and wise. The name has been used by various people throughout history including celebrities. Its popularity could be due to its simple yet strong sound and its short two syllable length.
It can also be seen as suitable for both boys and girls alike - a unisex name with no bias to either gender. All in all, Tate is a suitable pick for parents looking for a unique but still meaningful name for their baby.
How do I pronounce Tate?
Two syllabled Tate is most commonly pronounced as t(a)-te.
Variants of TateNames that rhyme with Tate
How popular is the name Tate?
Tate was a popular name in United States. Over 18828 babies have been named Tate since 1912. At the peak of its usage in 2013, the moniker grabbed the 357th spot and 879 baby boys were given the name.
However after 127 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names 20 times Tate is common in England and Wales where over 1739 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
At its zenith in 2014, 150 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 305th position.
Tate is a common name in Japan and India while somewhat familiar name in DR Congo, Mauritania, Indonesia, South Africa, Australia, Ivory Coast and Papua New Guinea.
At least, 20000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
What numerology tells about Tate?
Working harder than required is what you are known for. You neglect your own issues and helping other is more important to you. Travelling is your passion. You have to pay attention to your surroundings and the people you hang out with. You need to open up and allow your closest ones to enter your real world. You like to enjoy all the pleasures life has to give such as alcohol, music, food, sex, and sleeping.
If you like Tate, you would love these names
- Jeannette means God is Merciful or Yahweh is Gracious is of Hebrew origin and a unisex name is commonly used in Finnish, Norwegian and French. On list of baby girl names, illustrous Jeannette ranked 500 in year 1986 in United States
- Mari - Mari's meaning is Beloved, Sea of Bitterness or Calf is rooted from Hebrew, Japanese and Old Greek which is particulary used in Icelandic and Sanskrit is used as a gender-neutral name
- Walker - Durable and Darling Walker substantially is used in English and English is a unisex name, meaning of Walker is "Roll or Cloth Washer" is rooted from Old English
- Lorelei means Music or Lure has its origin in Old High German and Germanic is a baby girl name is mainly used in English and Norwegian
- Margret - Margret's meaning is Child of Light or The Pearl is of Old Greek origin which is mostly used in Swedish, Icelandic and Finnish is aimed at baby girls
Middle names for Tate
Just in case, you don't know what to pair with Tate, we've got you covered with these progressing and familiar middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Tate.
Famous people named Tate
- Tate Wilkinson, English actor and manager
- Tate Donovan, American actor and director,
- Tate Reeves, American politician
- Tate George, American former professional basketball player
- Tate Armstrong, retired American basketball player
- Tate Finn in movie The Mystery Man as Writer
- In 1999, Tate Gouta characterized the role of King in action and crime movie Score 2: The Big Fight.
- In 2017, Tate Ellington portrayed the role of Hal in fantasy and horror film The Endless.
- In 2007 drama, thriller film, Paroled, Tate Allyn played Camile Tillman.
Lists having Tate
- Boys names beginning with T
- Girls names beginning with T
- American Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Cheerful
- Baby Names that mean Great
- Baby Names that mean Land
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Hearted
- Baby Names that mean Pleasant
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean Joy