Lazarus name meaning
On This Page
What does Lazarus mean?
Meaning of Lazarus is Flame, Fire, God is My Help, My God has Helped or God Helps is a baby boy name largely used in Danish, German, Finnish, Hindi, English and Swedish is rooted from Hebrew.
Lazarus is form of Elieser in Latin language.
Lazarus's impression as a baby name
Lazarus, a baby boy's name hailing from Greece, leaves a strong impression. It tells us "God is my help," a positive note for kids named after it.
It’s not new—people have used it for centuries, giving it a timeless vibe. Interestingly, Lazarus was a man Jesus woke from death in the Bible's New Testament. It radiates power, endurance, and spiritual depth, fitting for parents seeking a bold name for their baby boy.
How do I pronounce Lazarus?
The three syllabled name Lazarus is pronounced, l(a)-za-rus.
Variants of LazarusNames that rhyme with Lazarus
How popular is the name Lazarus?
Lazarus is a common name in United States given to over 2969 babies in 107 years. Recently peaking at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 943rd spot and 151 baby boys were given the name.
Lazarus is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales still in use today. But Lazarus is a popular baby name in Nigeria where every 1 in 9000 have the name as well as in, Zimbabwe, South Africa and Kenya.
At least, 90000 people globally have carried Lazarus as their given name according to our findings.
Numerological aspects of Lazarus
You enjoy challenges because they force you to extend your limits and give more than you thought you can. What fulfills your soul is your professional success. You are the mover and shaker of the world. You want to be surrounded with self-confident people who choose to work on success over complaining, talking about great things over gossiping, and solitude over you sometimes. Number 3 as a personality no represents creativity, passion, extravagance, and positivity.
You would love these names similar to Lazarus
- Levy - Trendy and All time favorite unisex name Levy means "Reclusive" which is used commonly in Norwegian and Hungarian is originated from Hungarian and Hebrew languages
- Janetta - Primarily used in French and Swedish persistent and creative and adventurous, Janetta aimed at baby girls, meaning of Janetta is "God has been Gracious, Female Version of John or Variant of Jane" is originated from Hebrew
- Gan means Yahweh is Gracious or To Be Near is a boy name, commonly used in Chinese and Hebrew came from Chinese and Vietnamese
- Suzèle - The Suzèle means "Lily" has its origin in Hebrew language
- Kiia is Finnish form of Kia. Also Kiia is Finnish form of Hiskia
Famous people named Lazarus
- Lazarus and Joannes Baptista Colloredo, were Italian conjoined twins
- Lazarus of Bethany, subject of a prominent miracle of Jesus
- Lazarus Salii, politician from Palau
- Lazarus Zographos, 9th- century Byzantine Christian saint
- Lazarus Fletcher, British geologist
- Lazarus Barla, field hockey defender from India
- Lazarus Stewart, 18th-century Pennsylvanian frontiersman and member of the Paxton Rangers
- Lazarus Denison Shoemaker, Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives
- Lazarus Fuchs, Jewish-German mathematician
- Lazarus W. Powell, 19th Governor of Kentucky
- Lazarus Clamp, English band of some longevity and interest,
- Lazarus Phillips, Canadian lawyer and Senator
- Lazarus Joseph, American lawyer and politician from New York
- Lazarus Ekwueme, Nigerian musicologist, composer, scholar and actor
- Lazarus Boora in movie Yellow Card as Actor
Lists having Lazarus
- Biblical Boy Names
- Boy names beginning with L
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Hebrew Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- German Boy Names
- Hindi Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Indian Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Flame
- Baby Names that mean Fire
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Help
- Baby Names that mean Helps