Levy name meaning
What does Levy mean?
Originated from Hebrew and Hungarian, Well-Known and Enduring Levy is particulary used in English, Norwegian, Hungarian, Hebrew, Swedish, Danish and Finnish, a gender insensitive name, Levy means "Reclusive". Levy is version of biblical and dominant Levi. Levi is a short of Levente. Levi is equivalent of The Hebrew Name לֵוִי Meaning Attached in Latin language. Pleasing and Evergreen Hungarian and Hebrew Levi, meaning of Levi is "Attached and United".
How do I pronounce Levy?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Levy as l(e)-vy.
Variants of Levy
How popular is the name Levy?
Levy is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1894, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 521 on boy names chart when 66 babies were named Levy. Over 3400 babies in United States have been named Levy. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1973 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 2000, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 748 on boy names chart when 53 babies were named Levy. Over 848 babies in France have been named Levy. Also, in Netherlands, in just 5 years, it has made it to the top 300 names. Recently in 2016, 70 babies were given Levy and it reached its peak ranking, 230 on boy names chart. Over 293 babies in Netherlands have been named Levy.
Levy is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, in use since 1997, peaked in 1997 when it ranked 2337th. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and peaked in 2018 when it ranked 714th. In Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and peaked in 2006 when it ranked 807th. But Levy is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 9000 have the name as well as in, Zambia and Brazil. As per our estimate, over 50000 people has been named Levy globally.
Levy in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Levy?
You are never bored. Even when you are alone. Your friends are like addicted to you, but your family isn't very happy with how you live your life cause you are restless. You often get involved with people who have a hard time to express how they actually feel. Skin touch makes you nervous because you feel it so deeply that it makes you tremble. You believe that your body is a temple that needs to be taken good care of. And so does the soul.
You would love these names similar to Levy
- Kaëligue - Kaëligues origin is Hebrew, meaning of Kaëligue is "Who is Like God"
- Anaise - The odd and perpetual girl name Anaise means "God is Gracious and Food" has its origin in Hebrew and Persian languages. Anaise is derivative of Anna.
- Jocko - The uncommon boy name Jocko is rooted from English and Hebrew, Jocko means "God is Gracious, Yahweh is Gracious and Diminutive of Jack". Jocko is a derivative of Jack.
- Mary-Anne - Girl name Mary-Anne is originated from Hebrew, meaning of Mary-Anne is "Combination of Mary and Ann and Bitter". Mary-Anne is resultant of Maryann.
- Yann-Vari - The Yann-Vari is originated from Hebrew which is used principally in Breton language, meaning of Yann-Vari is "Princess of the Sea"
Famous people named Levy
- Levy Gerzberg, Dr
- Levy Mwanawasa, third Republican President of Zambia
- Levy Lee Simon is writer of movie The Last Revolutionary
Lists having Levy
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Hungarian Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names