Marquise name meaning
What does Marquise mean?
Used in English loved, Marquise is used as a unisex name has its roots in Old French, Marquise means "The Marquis". Marquise is form of trendy and perpetual Marquis. Trendy Marquis is originated from Latin and Old French languages, Marquis means "The Marquis" is commonly used in English.
How do I pronounce Marquise?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Marquise is m(a)-rqui-se. The other ways to say the name is mar-quise.
Variants of Marquise
How popular is the name Marquise?
Marquise was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1966 around 10385 babies have been given the moniker. At the peak of its usage in 1995, 644 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 369th position. However after 78 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names 6 times Marquise is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, chances of it being still in use are very slim.
Also, Marquise is a familiar name in Cameroon, Haiti and Brazil. According to our research, at least 10000 people have been bestowed Marquise around the globe.
What numerology tells about Marquise?
You are passionate when it comes to relationships but cool off too easily. You encourage people to walk the harder path and fight for what they believe is right. Your methods of handling relationships are proven. Your friends have a hard time decoding your mood. And not just at this point but since always. You have a strong sense of order. Push yourself but not others who clearly don't like to be pushed but enjoy their comfort zone.
Do you like Marquise? Read these names too
- Zackery - Renowned Zackerys origin is Hebrew is used as a gender insensitive name, meaning of Zackery is "Yahweh Remembers or Variant of Zachariah or Zachary" is majorly used in English. In 2003, prominent name Zackery bagged 440th position on the list of baby boy names in United States
- Ashleigh - Used in English cherished, Ashleigh is used as a gender-neutral name has its roots in Old English, Ashleigh means "Ash Tree Clearing, Meadow of Ash Trees or Ashes of Wood"
- Nels - Preeminent and All time favorite boy name Nels means "Champion, Chief or People of Victory", primarily used in Swedish, English and Danish has origin in Celtic and Old Greek
- Alden - Unfading and Admired Alden is used in English, Alden means "Old, Old or Wise Protector or Old Friend", rooted from Old English is given to both boys and girls
- Anderson - Unfading and Admired Anderson is used in English, Anderson means "Son of Anders, Masculine or Son of Andrew", rooted from Scandinavian is given to both boys and girls
Middle names for Marquise
There are plenty of famous and familiar middle names that fit after "Marquise". Have a look at them:
View more middle names that goes with Marquise.
Famous people named Marquise
- Marquise de Créquy, French woman of letters, by marriage a member of the Créquy family
- Marquise de Caylus, French noblewoman and writer
- Marquise Hill, American football defensive end for the New England Patriots of the National Football League
- Marquise Wilson, American actor
- Marquise Walker, former professional American football wide receiver and punt returner
- Marquise Brown in Read It and Weep as Actress
- Marquise Stoudamire acted in short Inkblot
Lists having Marquise
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Mar
- Girl names that ends with -ise