Dara name meaning
On This Page
What does Dara mean?
Dominant and All time favorite Persian, Latin, Arabic, Celtic and Hebrew Dara bestowed upon both boys and girls which is used in Danish, Swedish, Arabic, Icelandic, Sikh, Finnish, English, Hindi and Norwegian, meaning of Dara is "Lord, Wealthy, Possessing Goodness, Also a Character in Shahnameh, Charitable, Son, Oak, Halo of the Moon, Give, Mighty, Pearl of Wisdom or Glory, Aura".
Dara is version of widely accepted Daria. Daria is variant of well-liked Darya. Also Daria is a version of predominant and ever lasting Dara. Daria is a feminine of or Dario Darius.
Daria is equivalent of The Persian Name دریا = Ocean, Sea in Latin language. Predominant and Ever lasting Old Persian and Old Greek Daria, meaning of Daria is "Possesses a Lot and Possess".
Dara is variant form of admired Darragh. Darragh is variation of cherished and all time favorite Dara. Also Darragh is form of Dáire. Darragh means Fertile, Dear and Loved is rooted from English, Celtic and Old Irish.
Dara is Latin equivalent of The Bulgarian Name Дара. It is celebrated on October 25th.
Does Dara work as a baby name?
Dara is a popular baby name that has gained popularity in recent years. It's a Hebrew name that represents wisdom, strength, and resilience. One of its unique features is its versatility as it can be used for both boys and girls.
Dara also has several meanings like pearl of wisdom, oak tree, and fruitful which make it a popular choice among parents who seek to give their child an exceptional name with significant meaning.
Additionally, the name is easy to pronounce and spell, making it a suitable choice for families looking for a simple yet memorable baby name. Overall, Dara remains an excellent option for parents who want to give their child a meaningful and timeless name.
How do I pronounce Dara?
d(a)-ra is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Dara.
Variants of DaraNames that rhyme with Dara
How popular is the name Dara?
A common name in United States with over 13085 new-borns have been given the name since 1893. The name is current favorite of the parents, in 1981, 453 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 469th position.
Additionally, the name has been in Also, Dara is common in Ireland where over 1962 new-borns have been given the name since 1964. Recently the name is rising, in 2010, the moniker grabbed the 72nd spot and 111 baby boys were given the name.
Dara is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. In 2014, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 916 on boy names chart when 32 babies were named Dara.
There are over 593 babies that have been given the name Dara in England and Wales. Dara is an uncommon baby name in France, even after 51 years of use, it could not make it big.
There are over 245 babies that have been given the name Dara in France.
Dara is a rare baby name in Belgium there is very thin chances of it still being given since it isn't seen since 2003.
However things change on global perspective, Dara is extremely popular in Syria where every 1 in 200 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in India, Cambodia, Thailand and Indonesia.
According to our evaluation, over 330000 babies have been named Dara globally.
Dara in Nordic countries
Here's what numbers has to say about Dara
You don't want anyone standing on your way or messing with your life just like you stay out of other people's lives and don't get in their way of success. Set up a positive mindset and enjoy. To you, justice and honesty are the two most important things in life. You are very smart and calculative. You keep following your heart in order to avoid disappointment and solitude. You need to be in charge of your emotions otherwise, your emotions will control your mind and life in general, you believe.
Go through the following names similar to Dara
- Kindra means Secret or Blend of Ken or Sandra or Andrea is mostly used in English has its origin in Celtic is used for girls
- Jodoc - Origin of Jodoc is in Celtic, meaning of Jodoc is "Warrior or Warrior" is a boy name
- Euriel - Euriel's meaning is Angel used for boys has its origin in Celtic
- Kayli - Dominantly used in English loved, Kayli is used as a girl name has its roots in Celtic, Old Irish and Hebrew, meaning of Kayli is "Descendant of Caollaidhe, Pure or Keeper of the Keys"
- Murna - Infrequent girl name Murna means "Beloved" and rooted from Celtic and Old Irish is used in English
Sibling Names for Dara
If you're considering the name Dara for your little one, you might be interested in finding sibling names that complement it. Here are some options to inspire you, ranging from classic to unique and trendy.
Sister for Dara
For a brother
Famous people named Dara
- Dara Wier, American poet and recipient of such honors as The Guggenheim Foundation award
- Dara Singh, Bajrang Dal member
- Dara Shukoh, ca
- Dara Ó Briain, Irish comedian and television presenter based
- Dara Torres, twelve-time Olympic medalist and former world record-holder
- Dara Singh, Indian professional wrestler, actor and politician
- Dara Brown, news anchor and senior producer for MSNBC.com
- Dara Coleman, Irish actor
- Dara Bubamara, popular Serbian singer
- Dara Ó Cinnéide, Irish former sportsperson
- Dara O'Hagan, Irish republican activist and former politician
- Dara Calleary, Irish Fianna Fáil politician
- Dara Mohammed, Iraqi football player of Kurdish ethnicity
- Dara Hollingsworth in The Boy with the X-Ray Eyes as Actress
- Dara Perlmutter in A Map of the World as Actress
- Darakhshan Tahir in Tanveer Fatima (B.A.) as Actress
- Dara Iruka in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 as Miscellaneous Crew
- Dara Dzokic in The Promising Boy as Actress
- Dara Mohammed Habeib is an international Iraqi footballer of Kurdish origin.
- Dara Calenic is renowned for her acting in movie Noz
- Dara Warganegara, from 2018 horror movie Tujuh Bidadari, who played Stella.
Lists having Dara
- Boys names beginning with D
- Girls names beginning with D
- Arabic Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Persian Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Wealthy
- Baby Names that mean Goodness
- Baby Names that mean Son
- Baby Names that mean Oak
- Baby Names that mean Moon
- Baby Names that mean Mighty
- Baby Names that mean Pearl
- Baby Names that mean Wisdom