Odie meaning and origin
Odie's meaning is Otter, Song or Rich is used as a gender insensitive name that came from Old Norse and Old English is majorly used in English. Odie is derivative of Odin. Odin is variant form of Odhinn. Odin's meaning is Wealthy Defender, Wealth and Friend and Madman has origin in Old Norse and German. Odie is a derivative of Odell. Odell is form of Odilon. Odell is a feminine variation of Odilon. Origin of Loved and Venerable Odell is in Old English and German is specifically used in English language, meaning of Odell is "Woad Hill and Wealth and Fight".
Variants of Odie
View middle names that goes with Odie like Duna, Zachariah, Jordon, Erie, Zaiden, Laurie,Names that rhyme with Odie
Popularity of Odie
Odie is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 1899, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 424 on boy names chart when 62 babies were given the name Odie. There are over 4143 babies that have been given the name Odie in United States. Odie is a rare baby name in England and Wales where it is still in use. Also, Odie is a familiar name in Indonesia, Philippines and DR Congo. As per our research, over 4000 babies have been bestowed Odie around the globe.
Numerological analysis of Odie
You want a stable, deep connection with people. You would put other people's interests and wishes before yours just to see them happy. Having number 6 as your expression number says you are responsible and trustworthy. Listen to the advice you give. You can't stand people who accept less than what they deserve and live a ‘normal' life. You can smell a great opportunity from miles. Learn how to live on your own and trust others without losing yourself and your self-respect.
Go through the following names similar to Odie
- Breanne - Cherished Breanne is originated from Celtic, Breanne means "Hill", used in English is a baby girl name . Among girl names, well-liked Breanne ranked 488 in year 1992 in United States
- Lorene - Long standing and Customary Lorene is used especially in Swedish and Finnish is originated from Latin and Greek, Lorene means "Queen, Laurel or Sweet Bay Tree Symbolic of Honor or Victory" is given to both boys and girls
- Jadyn means Thankful is used primarily in English in general given to both genders is originated from Spanish and English-American
- Juwan - Commonly Accepted unisex name Juwan means "Perfume" and is notably used in English and Arabic has origin in Hebrew
- Stefanie - Dominant Stefanie is used specifically in Swedish and French is a gender-neutral name has its roots in Old Greek, Stefanie means "The Crowned or The Crowned"
Namesakes of Odie
- Odie Cleghorn, Canadian professional ice hockey player, coach
- Odie Spears, American basketball player
- Odie Harris, former professional American football player