Nella name meaning
What does Nella mean?
Used largely in Swedish, Danish, German, English, Norwegian and Finnish long standing and famed, Nella is of Old English, Greek, Latin, German and Old Greek origin, Nella means "Light, Abbreviation of Eleanor, Sun Ray, Torch, Moon, -Nelia, -Nella, Cornelia, Petronella or Brightness of the Sun" is a girl name . Nella is form of frequently used Nelli. Nelli is version of unfading and desirable Nelson. Nelli is resultant of Hélène. Nelli is shortened form of Cornelia. Nelli is form of Helen in English language. Meaning of Nelli is Shining Light, Brightness of the Sun and The Torch is rooted from English, Aztec-Nahuatl and Old Greek. Nella is resulted from Nell. Nell is form of renowned and all time favorite Eleanor. Also Nell is form of famed and ceaseless Helen. Nell is equivalent of Nelli in English language. Nell's meaning is Stone, Sun Ray and Horn is originated from Old Provençal and Old Greek. Nella is short version of Cornelia. Cornelia is a resultant of Corneille. Cornelia is a feminine version of Cornelius. Renowned and Evergreen Cornelia is originated from Latin, Cornelia means "Horn and Raven". It is celebrated on October 26.
What do we think of Nella as a name for a newborn?
Nella is a beautiful and unique baby girl name that has been gaining popularity in recent years. With its Latin origin, it means "horn" or "bright." What makes Nella special is its simplicity and elegance. It's short, sweet, and easy to pronounce, making it a great choice for parents looking for something different but not too far out of the box. Additionally, Nella has a timeless appeal that will grow with your child from infancy to adulthood. It's also versatile as it can be paired with many middle names to create a unique combination that reflects your family's values and culture. All in all, Nella is an excellent choice for parents who are looking for a beautiful baby girl name that stands out from the rest.
How do I pronounce Nella?
The two syllabled name Nella is pronounced, n(el)-la.
Variants of Nella
Nelle, Nelli, Nell, Nelson, Helen
View middle names that goes with Nella like Zuan, Kela, Salina,Names that rhyme with Nella
How popular is the name Nella?
Nella is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 1881, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 384 on girl names chart when 81 babies were given the name Nella. There are over 3891 babies that have been given the name Nella in United States. In England and Wales, Nella is a unique name where it has been in use since 2002 and has secured the place in top 900 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 843 on girl names chart when 44 babies were named Nella. There are over 294 babies that have been given the name Nella in England and Wales.
Nella is an uncommon baby name in still in use in Ireland. Also, it is among the top 500 girl names in France. Over 1068 babies in France have been named Nella. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 but could not make beyond the top 800. It also recently appeared in Belgium baby girl names chart. But Nella is a popular baby name in Italy where every 1 in 5000 have the name as well as in Indonesia. At least, 30000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Nella in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Nella
When you are facing an obstacle, don't shy away from asking for help if you feel like you need it. You always thrive to accomplish the greatest things, be the best at what you do, and impress yourself instead of impression others. You are always open to new things and enjoy traveling. Having the letter A as your capstone reveals your true personality. You secretly believe that you are a genius. Your intellectual mind is always generating new creative ideas.
Looking for names similar to Nella? Please go through the following names
- Durant - Infrequent boy name Durant means "Enduring or Firm" and came from Latin is substantially used in English
- Inmaculada means The Immaculate or Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary is used commonly in Spanish bestowed upon baby girls is originated from Latin and Spanish
- Modeste means Moderation or Modest has origin in Latin, a unisex name is used dominantly in French
- Lilana - Used specifically in Latvian recent and unconventional, Lilana is rooted from Latin, Lilana means "Favour, Symbol of Innocence and My God is a Vow" is used as a girl name. Lilana is derived from Lilian.
- Rada - Meaning of Rada is Council or Council is a baby girl name. It is rooted from Latin is used dominantly in Norwegian, Finnish and Swedish
Famous people named Nella
- Nella Last, housewife
- Nella Larsen, American novelist of the Harlem Renaissance
- Nella Martinetti, Swiss singer-songwriter
- Nella Simaová, Czech former competitive figure skater
- Nella Bielski acted in movie Les gauloises bleues
- In 1936, Nella Maria Bonora characterized the role of Elsa in comedy, drama movie Un bacio a fior d'acqua.
- Nella Gambini played important character of N in 1982 movie Sconcerto Rock.
- In 1917, Nella Montagna characterized the role of N in film Martire!.
- Nella De Pieri portrayed significant role of N in 1919 flick Le avventure di Bijou.
- In 1915, Nella Serravezza characterized the role of N in drama film Colei che doveva morire.
- Nella Retslag characterized the minor character of Aranka - amme in 1919 crime, drama film Die rote Herzogin.
Lists having Nella
- Girl names beginning with N
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Latin Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -ella
- Baby Names that mean Shining
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Eleanor
- Baby Names that mean War
- Baby Names that mean Horn
- Baby Names that mean Sun
- Baby Names that mean Ray
- Baby Names that mean Torch
- Baby Names that mean Moon
- Baby Names that mean Elope
- Baby Names that mean Brightness