Elvira name meaning
What does Elvira mean?
Persistent and Loved Elvira chiefly is used in Greenlandic, Faroese, Icelandic, English, German, Italian, Norwegian, Finnish, Spanish, Swedish and Danish aimed at both boys and girls, meaning of Elvira is "True to All, White, Elfin, Lively or Noble and Guardian" is originated from Arabic, Gothic, German and Germanic. Elvira is effeminate form of Alvaro. Also Alvaro is form of A Germanic Name in Spanish language. Alvaro is also form of The German Name Alwart in Spanish language. Alvaro's meaning is Guard, Protector and Deep is rooted from Germanic, Italian and Spanish. The name is celebrated on July 16th.
Does Elvira work as a baby name?
Elvira is a beautiful and unique name suitable for a baby girl. It has origins in German, where it means "truth", embodying qualities of honesty and loyalty. The soft sound of the name Elvira also gives it a gentle quality that suits a baby girl. As such, it can be an ideal name for many parents looking to give their baby daughter an original and meaningful name. With its classic feel, Elvira would make a great choice as the perfect name for any little princess.
How do I pronounce Elvira?
The three syllabled name Elvira is commonly pronounced as e-lvi-ra. The name can also be pronounced as el-vira or ell-veer-uh.
Variants of Elvira
Albira, Elvina, Alvina, Elvia, Elwine, Elvi, Elvy, Ellevi, Elsevi, ElvaNames that rhyme with Elvira
How popular is the name Elvira?
Elvira was a popular name in United States. Over 26733 babies have been named Elvira since 1880. When at the peak of its usage in 1914, 592 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 254th position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 147 years. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names an astonishing 66 times Elvira is common in Sweden where over 2743 new-borns have been given the name since 1998. At the peak of its usage in 2014, it ranked 29th when 401 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Elvira is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1900 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 1924, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 403 on girl names chart when 42 babies were named Elvira. Over 1429 people have been named Elvira in France. Elvira is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 1998 and peaked in 1999 when it ranked 2770th. In Belgium, it has been in use since 1997 and achieved its top ranking of 904 in 2003.
However things change on global perspective, Elvira is extremely popular in Mexico where every 1 in 800 have the name as well as in Russia. Also the baby name is popular in Philippines, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Italy, Uzbekistan, Colombia, Spain, Peru, Guatemala, Angola, Kazakhstan, Bolivia, Mozambique, Venezuela, Cuba, Chile, Tajikistan, Indonesia, Paraguay, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan and Albania. According to our evaluation, over 1150000 babies have been named Elvira globally.
Elvira in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Elvira
Your personal progress matters more than your professional achievements and goals. You are a freethinker. Instead of letting your past pull you back, travel to your future and focus on making plans on how to realize your goals. People see you as a stubborn and inflexible person. You can stare at a wall and not feel bored because of your busy mind. Replace your comfort zone with adventures and the fear of the unknown with excitement to experience and learn new things.
Do you like Elvira? Other names you would love
- Merritt - Meaning of Merritt is Boundary Gate or Deserving is predominantly used in English and English and is bestowed upon both sexes is originated from Old English. Among boy names, prevailing Merritt bagged 394th position in 1899 in United States
- Anastasia means Surrender or Risen One is a gender-neutral name and is used notably in German and Swedish is originated from Old Greek
- Abbie - The prevalent and venerable unisex name Abbie has origin in Hebrew, African-Akan and Spanish which is substantially used in Hindi, Norwegian and Danish languages, Abbie means "My Father is Light, My Father Rejoices or Father of Joy"
- Tenley - The popular unisex name Tenley has origin in Old English which is substantially used in English language, Tenley means "Denniss Field"
- Marlee - Commonly Accepted Marlee came from Germanic and Old English languages is a gender-neutral name, especially used in English and Swedish, meaning of Marlee is "Pleasant Wood"
Sibling Names for Elvira
If you're looking for the perfect name for your little girl, Elvira is a beautiful choice. But what about when it comes to finding sibling names that complement it? Here are some options that work well with Elvira, ranging from classic and timeless to more unique and modern.
Sister for Elvira
Brother for Elvira
Famous people named Elvira
- Elvira of Castile, Countess of Toulouse, countess consort of Toulouse
- Elvira Madigan, stage name of a Danish tightrope walker and trick rider
- Elvira Notari,
- Elvira Arellano, international activist
- Elvira of Castile, Queen of León,
- Elvira Manuel, Spanish court official
- Elvira Holzknecht, Austrian luger
- Elvira de Hidalgo, prominent Spanish coloratura soprano
- Elvira Kurt, Canadian comedian
- Elvira Menéndez, queen consort of Leon by marriage to King Alfonso V
- Elvira Lindo, Spanish journalist and writer
- Elvira of Castile, Queen of Sicily, member of the House of Jiménez and the first Queen of Sicily
- Elvira Nikolaisen, Norwegian singer-songwriter signed for Sony BMG
- Elvira Possekel, West German athlete
- Elvira Garner, 20th-century Florida author and watercolor illustrator
- Elvira Popescu, Romanian-French stage and movie actress and theatre director
- Elvira Nabiullina, Russian economist and head of the Central Bank of Russia
- Elvira Quintillá in Plácido as Actress
- Elvira Romei in Kindergarten as Actress
- Elvira Ríos in Ven mi corazón te llama as Actress
- Elvira Safiulina in Iris as Actress
- Elvira Out in De stilte van het naderen as Actress
- Elvira Haaland in Episode #1.7 as Actress
- Elvira Troger in Sophie Gold, the Diary of a Gold Digger as Actress
- Elvira Snow in Freaks as Actress
- Elvira Poulianou in I lismonia as Actress
- Elvira Alfaro is well-known for her acting in short Ciclo
- In 1960 comedy, romance flick, O Cantor e a Bailarina, Elvira De Figueiredo portrayed Dressmaker.
- In 1987, Elvira De La Puente portrayed the role of N In movie Sonata soledad.
- In 1928 drama movie, Povara, Elvira Godeanu portrayed Mimi Predescu.
- In 1949 comedy, drama flick, Canas al aire, Elvira Gosti characterized N.
- Elvira Kralj, from 1953 drama film Jara gospoda, who played the Tercijalka.
- In 1931 film, La llama sagrada, Elvira Morla characterized Señora de Taylor.
- Elvira Neustaedtl, from 1980 comedy flick Johnny unser, who played N.
- In 1949, Elvira Pagã portrayed the role of N in crime flick Dominó Negro.
- Elvira Quintana, from 1962 comedy flick Lástima de ropa, who portrayed Rosa del Valle.
- Elvira Velez, from 1938 movie Sorte Grande, who portrayed N.
- Elvira Weil, from 1922 western flick Another Man's Boots, who characterized Nell Hadley.
- In 1917 adventure film, Dioguinho, Elvira Latari portrayed N.
- Elvira Kuliyeva played central role of Maral in 1980 drama flick Golnky shivnt v kyarizakh.
- In 1962 drama, romance movie, Telefonçu qiz, Elvira Brunovskaya characterized Zarangiz.
- Elvira Herrería, from 2004 comedy film A + (Amas), who portrayed Mar.
- In 1969 action and drama film, Ang pulubi, Elvira Manahan portrayed N.
Lists having Elvira
- Boys names beginning with E
- Girls names beginning with E
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Gothic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -ira
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean White
- Baby Names that mean Blond
- Baby Names that mean Fair
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Elf
- Baby Names that mean Council
- Baby Names that mean Foreign
- Baby Names that mean Alert
- Baby Names that mean Trustworthy
- Baby Names that mean Judgement
- Baby Names that mean Close
- Baby Names that mean Friend
- Baby Names that mean Lively
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Guardian
- Baby Names that mean Spear