Odile meaning and origin
Well-Liked and Perennial unisex name Odile is used commonly in French, Swedish, Finnish, Danish and Norwegian, Odile means "Wealth, Possession or The Word Othal with the Meaning Fatherland" is originated from German and Germanic. Odile is form of unfading and widely accepted Odelia. Odelia is form of Odilon. Odelia is feminine version of Odilon. Durable and Commonly Accepted Odelia is used largely in Dutch, English and Hebrew, Odelia means "Wealth and Fight, Wealth and The Word Oide Meaning Song" is of Germanic, Old High German and Hebrew origin. Odile is form of Odila. Odila is form of Odilia and Ottilie. Also Odila is version of everlasting and predominant Odelia. Odila is also form of Otthild. Odila is also form of Germanic Names Containing the Name Element Odal. Odila is also variant form of preeminent and timeless Oda. Odila is short of Oda. Odila's meaning is Possession has origin in Old High German and Germanic. The name is celebrated on 14th of December.
Variants of OdileNames that rhyme with Odile
Popularity of Odile
Odile was a popular name in France. Over 93470 babies have been given the first name in 175 years. At the peak of its usage in 1957, the moniker grabbed the 37th spot and 2753 baby girls were given the name. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 175 years. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 21 times Odile is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1882 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1898, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 719 on girl names chart when 27 babies were named Odile. Over 787 babies in United States have been named Odile. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 230 on girl names chart when 46 babies were named Odile. Over 542 babies in Belgium have been named Odile.
Odile is a rare baby name in England and Wales where it may not be used now. But Odile is a popular baby name in Cameroon where every 1 in 800 have the name as well as in, Benin, DR Congo, Chad, Burkina Faso, Rwanda, Madagascar and Ivory Coast. At least, 260000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Odile in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Odile?
You have a strong will to succeed in life. Meet people from diverse cultures, perhaps your soul mate hides in someplace outside ordinary. When it comes to overcoming obstacles, or surviving an emotional breakdown, or cope with depressive thoughts, you never ask for help. Most people are just jealous of your willingness to live out of the ordinary and do the things you want to do. You have high ideals.
Other names similar to Odile
- Dubhghall - Used principally in Irish, Gaelic and Scottish, Dubhghall has its origin in Celtic, Dubhghall means "Black or Stranger" is a baby boy name
- Benedicta - Benedicta's meaning is The Blessed is specifically used in Danish, English and Swedish and is used for girls came from Latin
- Henrika - Meaning of Henrika is Ruler, House or King or Powerful is originated from Germanic and Nordic and a girl name is predominantly used in Danish, Swedish and Icelandic
- Catrin - Unorthodox Catrin has its origin in Old Greek is used dominantly in Welsh and English given to baby girls, Catrin means "The Pure"
- Walther - Unwonted Walther came from Germanic and Old High German, meaning of Walther is "People of Power or Army" which is commonly used in English and Finnish is aimed at baby boys
Namesakes of Odile
- Odile of Alsace, born c
- Odile Harington, alleged South African agent
- Odile Crick, British artist best
- Odile Defraye, Belgian road racing cyclist
- Odile Lesage, retired French heptathlete
- Odile Mallet in La cité des enfants perdus as Actress
- Odile Rodin in Futures vedettes as Actress
- Odile Decq in Making Space: 5 Women Changing the Face of Architecture as
- Odile Corso in Armageddon as Actress
- Odile Versois in The Young Lovers as Actress
- Odile Dicks-Mireaux in An Education as Costume Designer
- Odile Le Clezio in Young Einstein as Actress
- Odile Vuillemin in Podium as Actress
- Odile Barbier acted in movie Si vous n'aimez pas ça, n'en dégoûtez pas les autres
- Odile Michel, from 1977 comedy, drama flick Diabolo menthe, who characterized Frédérique Weber.