Paddy meaning and origin
Unfamiliar Latin Paddy is a unisex name mostly used in English, meaning of Paddy is "Noblewoman, Nobleman or Patrician". It is celebrated on March 17th.
Variants of PaddyNames that rhyme with Paddy
Popularity of Paddy
Paddy is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1988 and was able to reach the top 200 names. Recently in 2017, 53 babies were given Paddy and it reached its peak ranking, 120 on boy names chart. Over 684 babies in Ireland have been named Paddy. The first name is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1928 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1934, it ranked 1371st when 28 girls were named Paddy. Over 336 people have been named Paddy in United States. Also, in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 2003, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 680 on boy names chart when 40 babies were named Paddy. Over 594 babies in England and Wales have been named Paddy.
Paddy is a rare baby name in France where it may not be used now since it isn't seen since 1993. But Paddy is a popular baby name in Israel where every 1 in 2000 have the name. At least, 20000 people globally have carried Paddy as their given name according to our research.
What numbers say about Paddy?
You are all about fun, adventure, excitement, change, and adventure. Your failures motivate you. You believe life's to have fun. You believe that nothing is impossible until your heart beats. You hang around with different people, so you can widen your life perspective and expand your knowledge. People admire your spirit. Having number 1 as your soul urge no reveals your deep desire to prove yourself to other people and acquire their acceptance.
Looking for a name like Paddy? Please go through the following names
- Chrislyne - The Chrislyne came from Latin, Chrislyne means "Disciple of Christ"
- Nesa - Meaning of Nesa is Moral is used commonly in Finnish and Swedish which of Old Greek and Latin origin is given to baby girls
- Estes means One who Lives near the Estuary is a unisex name is originated from Latin
- Cölestinus - Substantially used in German, Cölestinus is used as a boy name, meaning of Cölestinus is "Heavenly or Of the Sky" has origin in Latin
- Milica - Of Slavic and Slavonic origin, Far-out Milica is used as a girl name, Milica means "The Word Mil Meaning Favor Grace" is prevalently used in Slavic
Namesakes of Paddy
- Paddy O'Toole, former Irish Fine Gael politician
- Paddy Russell, British television director
- Paddy Kingsland, composer of electronic music best
- Paddy Roberts, British songwriter and singer who lived in Devon
- Paddy Wilson, Irish nationalist politician in Northern Ireland
- Paddy Croft, United States-based actress of Irish descent
- Paddy Pallin, Australian pioneer bushwalking and camping equipment retailer
- Paddy Bunce, sports radio reporter in the United Kingdom
- Paddy Agnew, politician in Northern Ireland
- Paddy Nolan, professional ice hockey player
- Paddy Tunney, Irish traditional singer, poet, writer, raconteur
- Paddy McLogan, was President of Sinn Féin from 1950–52 and again
- Paddy Crean, British actor and theatrical fight director
- Paddy Daly,
- Paddy Carty, three-time all-Ireland champion Irish flute player
- Paddy Martinez, American prospector and shepherd
- Paddy Kennedy, Northern Irish politician
- Paddy Moran, former Gaelic footballer for Dublin
- Paddy Quinn, volunteer with the 1st Battalion
- Paddy Brennan, Irish comics artist who worked mainly in the UK
- Paddy Ridsdale, British secretary and intelligence operative
- Paddy Doherty, Northern Irish activist from Derry
- Paddy Gormley, Irish nationalist politician
- Paddy Fahey, Irish composer and fiddler
- Paddy Waters, Irish soccer player during the 1940s and 1950s
- Paddy Andrews, Irish soccer player in the League of Ireland
- Paddy Nolan, early Canadian 'frontier' lawyer
- Paddy Cronin, Irish fiddler
- Paddy O'Hanlon, barrister and former nationalist politician
- Paddy Johns, Irish rugby union player from 1990 to 2000
- Paddy Murray, journalist and writer
- Paddy McGuigan, Irish musician
- Paddy Belton, Irish politician, company director and publican
- Paddy Logan, civil engineering contractor and Liberal Member of Parliament for Harborough
- Paddy Ashdown, British politician and diplomat
- Paddy Donegan, Irish Fine Gael politician and three-times cabinet minister
- Paddy Chayefsky, American playwright, screenwriter and novelist
- Paddy Hannan, gold prospector whose lucrative discovery on 14 June 1893 near Kalgoorlie in Western Australia set off a major gold rush
- Paddy Tipping, British Labour Party politician
- Paddy Clancy, Irish folk singer best known as a member of the Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem
- Paddy Moloney, Irish musician
- Paddy Power, Irish Fianna Fáil politician
- Paddy Reilly, Irish folk singer and guitarist
- Paddy McGuinness, English comedian, comedy actor
- Paddy Driver, South African former professional Grand Prix motorcycle road racer and a racing driver
- Paddy Torsney, Canadian politician
- Paddy Burke, Irish Fine Gael politician
- Paddy Glynn, Australian politician
- Paddy Kenny, semi-professional football goalkeeper
- Paddy Keenan, Irish player of the uilleann pipes
- Paddy Eason in Mission: Impossible as Visual Effects
- Paddy Navin in About Face as Actress
- Paddy Joyce in Alice in Wonderland as Actor
- Paddy C. Courtney in Yu Ming Is Ainm Dom as Actor
- Paddy Ward in Waking Ned as Actor
- Paddy Houlihan in Tapioca as Actor
- Paddy Ryan in An American Werewolf in London as Actor
- Paddy Breathnach in Shrooms as Director
- Paddy Barnes Patrick "Paddy" Barnes is an Irish fond of Belfast boxer.
- Paddy Browne acted in movie Spy for a Day
- In 1999, Paddy Connor played the role of Albert in drama movie The Dream Catcher.
- Paddy Considine characterized leading character of Johnny in 2002 drama movie In America.
- Paddy McGuire, from 1920 comedy, western movie A Broadway Cowboy, who played Prisoner at Large.
- In 1926 action and adventure flick, Scotty of the Scouts, Paddy O'Flynn characterized Tom Gallagher.
- In 2008, Paddy Aldridge characterized the role of N in documentary flick I Ate the H0le Thing.